I always wanted Skin Cancer.

Yea but we should be cool if we burn coal to the end of time because the climate will remain the same.

1 Like

20 hours daylight… *imagines all the training possibilities *

Go live in Tasmania mate :wink:

1 Like

Opposite in the winter, around 4 hours of daylight in late December. We just got back to a 945am sunrise with a 5pm sunset. As a night owl I much prefer winter lol

2 Likes

Give me Fall

1 Like

@reinasierpe

Wanna trade your -20 freeze for my +2 soggy slush? This week has been so bs, water everywhere. January was much nicer, at least -20 through many weeks with -32 peak cold and I loved it. :3

I’m heading back to Perth tonight from Korea. I’ve gotten used to the mild -5° Korean nightlife has to offer. Not looking forward to sweating like a butt crack in overalls again.

3 Likes

@reinasierpe

No Thank you. I rather put up with the 17 F

@reinasierpe Wanna trade?

Again for the people in the back:

WIND CHILL BETWEEN MINUS 38 AND MINUS 46

4 Likes

I’m really glad I’ve had a relatively warm winter. Last time it was around -38C I was working outside every day.

Shoot. It’s getting too warm this week;)

Wow, and i thought our winters were cold at below 10

In typical winters here in Fairbanks we usually hit -40F (-40C) straight temp no wind chill in January. We can hit -50F (-45C) or below at times too. Outdoor classes get cancelled at -60F (-51C).

This year was a bit of an exception - we haven’t dropped below -30F (-34C) for very much of this winter. Sucks because this was my last winter here potentially and I wanted to join the 40 below club (taking pictures in swimsuits next to the university sign saying -40F (-40C) or colder).

I typically make the switch from shorts to pants around -10F (-23C) to -15F (-26C) but this year I never went to pants because the cold didn’t stick around. It’s been quite odd really.

Right now it’s -11C (13F). Beautiful day, really. I enjoy this weather.

At least the suns out! :grin:

Sun’s out guns out!

www.watertowndailytimes.com/news03/record-low-temperatures-this-weekend-cause-plumbing-problems-throughout-watertown-20160216

MCD