I always wanted Skin Cancer.

Small town apple fritters are a huge thing around my area. At least a dozen options where to buy in a city of 50,000. I’ll bring some with me the day I get to go to Japan and document everything in your warehouse. What do you say? :wink:

2 Likes

Let me tell you about the best doughnut shop; there is no better place for donuts than Old Town Donuts.

I’ve had people visit from all over the US, Europe, and they all say they have never tasted or had a better doughnut. I have also never seen a facebook page with full ratings. This place is open 24 hours, 7 days a week. No matter what time you enter, there are people. The morning is usually the older crowd, then at night, typically college kids on laptops. The place has a surreal, quaint feeling, almost as if you are walking into a John Hughes film. Charlie will be the next to experience this place. Anyone who ever comes to visit the area, skip the barbecue, the st. louis style pizza; go straight to Old Town!

6 Likes

I used to spend time in the Florissant area, I’m surprised I never heard of that place! (sorry for the slight derail encouragement)

2 Likes

@smpratte I can’t wait to try them and tell you that…

Dirty Dan’s Donuts in Kokomo, Indiana is unparalleled in every respect when it comes to delicious fried dough. They don’t open until two AM each day and yet manage to have a line stretching around the block without fail. Businesses advertise their donuts being provided each week as a part of their benefits package. They’re that good.

So I guess if anything is true, it’s that the local donut shop reigns on as the point of pride for Midwestern patriots regardless of location. :stuck_out_tongue:

I will revisit this thread about weather, cancer, and doughnuts in a week when I’m in the St. Louis area and update you all on my Old Town doughnut experience and do a compare/contrast with my hometown holey heroes.

3 Likes

Sure:)

Most my collection though is in Northern California. Though I have a lot here in Nevada too.

@garyis2000 I’ll be in Northern California in August anyway. Come to world’s and we’ll check stuff out. :wink:

1 Like

MAKE SURE THEY DONT START USING ARTIFICIAL INGRDIENTS BECAUSE THERE CHEAPER!

Well us Perthians have survived the first two days of the heat wave. It’s currently 6PM and my thermometer says it’s still 41 degrees Celsius. Ah 'Straya.

When the animals trying to kill you is not enough :wink:

3 Likes

Weather reports say my suburb is going to hit 44 degrees on Wednesday

i think im going to melt

TO be fair. This wave of heat hasn’t been nearly as bad as the one a couple weeks ago. There is almost no humidity around so the heat is bearable, for me at least. Heat only gets into the unbearable when it brings humidity with it.

2 Likes

youre 100% right about that

Haha has Perth ever been over 10% humidity?

I’m from Queensland where over 80% is common, hey @dragontype?

Today was ridiculous though, it’s 8:30pm and still 35 degrees.

Its shit, im dieing in this heat my bodies on fire… I hate the sun.

@garyis2000 that story is incredible.

2 Likes

Did you quote the right person? Lol

1 Like

Erm. I don’t think so. Disregard my post haha.

3 Likes

?

This is an issue I have in the summer here in Fairbanks - the temperatures aren’t as hot as you have, but we’ll be sitting at near 30C at 11pm due to the 20ish hours of daylight in mid June - mid July. Not something I enjoy, as most places don’t have AC here either.

Yeah, I live in Perth as well…

1. I seen old ladies passed out and collapsed in the city today.
  2. I seen a semi trailer knock down 2 traffic lights in front of me today, and then drive off cbf’d, I think the heat is getting to peoples.
  3. I have never touched snow in my entire life, growing up in Australia mostly lol
  4. it was 44 degrees a few months ago at one point.
1 Like

The amount of broken down cars I’ve seen today and yesterday is incredible.

1 Like