How to value cards

Hey guys since I’ve gotten back into the hobby I’ve primarily spent most of my time building complete sets which has been tons of fun but since joining this forum I’ve really been turned onto the finer side of collecting and been setting my sights on rarer and better condition cards. So I’m wondering other than referring to this forum what are other ways do you guys gather information and value cards before making a purchase?

1 Like

Hey, the best way is to do a eBay advanced search for the specific cards you are looking for and that way you will find out the fair market value of those particular cards, hope this helps

Ok cool just go by sold values or can Is there a more specific way of searching. And what about cards that are very limited maybe something like a trophy card or such something that might not be in hug volume or readily sold on ebay?

Yes , when it comes to cards that are readily available you can just do a advanced eBay search for recently sold listings, and with all the ones that have been sold just check the prices and in between the highest and lowest price range you will find the true value, with cards that are not recently sold on eBay or cannot find one listed for sale you will have to speak with specific individuals with a wide range of knowledge and experience dealing with cards of that Calibur.