Advice on values and how not to get conned

Hey all,

Can anyone advise me on good way to value my collection?

I have collected a number of sets over the years and want to find out how much they are worth.

My main concern is that people are going to tell me they are worth under market value in hopes to make more money flipping them themselves.

Thanks in advance

:v::innocent:

1 Like

eBay sold

Don’t think all your cards are mint, they most likely aren’t. Spend time looking at them and figuring out conditions and then look at ebay solds for either sets or individual cards that match your edition, set and condition. Don’t look at PSA 10 and value cards at that price.

2 Likes

Generally, when I try to value a card I search the specific card + condition on eBay and go to the sold listings. It should show you the most recent sold prices of what you were searching. Usually gives me an idea of what to price my cards at based on their condition.

Do the research, anyone offering you is going to offer you ~60% of the value so they can make a profit for their time/effort.

1. Assess quality
  2. Search each card last sold in that quality

Selling a collection will not get you anywhere near market value. You will be lucky to get 50% of your estimate. Time is money. You want to sell for a good price, put the time and effort into the research and selling it piece by piece. Most if not all buyer will not sit down and go over every single card. How much time would that take to give an accurate offer?

3 Likes