How to pack multiple Pokemon cards?

Just a simple question :blush:

For individuals I’d usually use a sleeve, cover with a Toploader and send that within an envelope - but, I’m just curious how would one send around 40-50 cards?

All comments are welcomed :3

Ziplock bags, resealable bags, roll the stack up in bubble wrap. A few options there, use a little tape to fit the bag/wrap around the deck. Inb4 someone says rubber band

2 Likes

First I’ll find a box big enough to fit 50 cards.

Next throw the cards in there without protection and ship them. And if I want to add another layer of protection sometimes I’ll wrap all the cards together with tape so they don’t move around much in the box. The more tape the better.

Also pro-tip: avoid using blue painters tape that shit doesn’t work

I’ve sold before in cheaper binders, in card sleeves, wrapped up in bubble wrap for added protection. I’ve received cards in big stacks which admittedly I didn’t love

1 Like

Shipping 40-50 cards is definitely more of a hassle than individuals lol. Personally, I have done one of two things:

Option 1: I’ve used the 9 card binder pages, placed in between cardboard pieces roughly the same size to prevent the pages from bending. Use rubber bands to hold the cardboard in place. Wrap that in bubble wrap and place in a small box.

Option 2: Individually sleeve each card. Take maybe 20 to 25 of them and place the stack in between two top loaders or card savers. Place the protected stack into a team bag that is big enough to hold all of them. The team bag prevents the cards from shuffling around and the top loaders provide the rigid protection. Wrap in bubble wrap and send in a bubble mailer or small box, whichever you prefer.

These options are what I have done in the past, but if there are better ideas I’d love to hear!

1 Like

I’ve used a similar method to Option 2 for 2 sales in the past.

1 Like

For anything 50 to 100 cards, I just put them in a stack (no sleeves) and wrap them in bubble wrap kind of how you would wrap a rectangular shaped present. The cards do not get damaged and do not slide around as long as it is securely taped. I have shipped many card lots this way and have never had any problem.

I like to put them in Team bags if it’s that many cards. I can usually fit about 30 cards in a team bag and seal it off and it keeps it nice and tight. Then throw in a bubble mailer or a box and protect appropriately.

Team bags are like 3 cents each and do an amazing job of keeping everything from moving around or getting damaged. If it’s too many cards to fit in a bubble mailer, I have some 8x4x2 corrugated cardboard boxes. They barely cost more than a bubble mailer to ship ($4-$5 depending on weight instead of $3-$4), and the boxes themselves cost me 30 cents each. I’ll usually put the cards in team bags and then put them in those small boxes with bubble wrap.

You can place up to 10 cards in a card saver and place that between 2 pieces of cardboard. I use a bubble mailer for this # of cards.

For larger numbers, such as 40 cards, you can plastic wrap them in a stack and place between cardboard again and then secure will extra padding inside a small box. I only suggest this for non-holo bulk cards. Should work just fine.

For individual cards, just a single top loader and repeat the first suggestion above. Contrary to belief, cards don’t damage super easily with some simple protection. The team bag is a nice added layer of security, but not a must.

Hi there!

I’ve been here for a while, but just thought I’d come and drop a post!

When I’ve always received a small bulk of cards around 20-30, I find the sellers usually put them together in a ziplock bag for convenience (if they’re not exclusively rares) and then folded the excess bag in on itself firmly to create a bit of a buffer. This ziplock sort of bag has always been fine, but if it were me I would choose to place each card in a loose sleeve, then stack and place an extra piece of slightly larger card on the top and bottom, or even one piece of card in the middle. put stickytape on the edges on the outside cards and then wrap up in a zip bag, where the excess bag can be folded around further to create a buffer. Place in a similar sized box or padded envelope, with some bits of paper to fill, and then send away.

That’s how I’d do it for around 20-30 cards.

Also hi to all :blush: