best & most cost effective way to ship out booster packs?

so im pretty new to pokebay selling, and i wanted to use the platform to sell some loose booster packs. what’s the best way to go about packaging booster packs as to prevent damage, as well as how to ship them out in such a way that is most cost effective on the sellers end. any help would be appreciated, thanks :blush:

Cost effective would be usps first class.

If it’s more than $50 I use usps priority. If it’s a lot of packs. Like 18-36 I use flat rate padded envelopes/boxes.

When shipping a single pack I bubble wrap it once, then place two pieces of carboard on the side, another layer of bubble wrap, then place in a small box. Which usually costs next to nothing versus just a bubble mailer.

When I use a flat rate envelope I use a box also but I place it inside of the envelope.

1 Like

Spot on ^

I use recycled cardboard. Any time I get a box or something in cardboard I break it down into card sized rectangles to use as the splints. I also use recycled bubble wrap but occasionally I’ll have to buy a big roll. I opt for a box of large envelopes as the main package since I’m already incorporating the cardboard inside as a shell. The envelopes are much cheaper than bubble mailers at the local spots here in California.

-Put packs in sleeves/bags
-Wrap in one to two layers of bubble wrap
-Use cardboard splints that are just bigger than the contents to make sure the tape holding them together doesn’t touch.
-Place in large envelope

I’ve also seen people cut the cardboard big enough to where the edges can touch and create a seal, eliminating the need for an envelope. There’s many ways you can go about it.

One at a time or how many?

www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Doffice-products&field-keywords=00+bubble+mailer

I’d recommend size 00 bubble mailers(link above). They are perfect for shipping up to 4-5 packs at one time. And they are super light so you qualify for First Class Shipping. I just weighed for booster packs with a bubble mailer and they total weight is 4.5 oz. That will cost about $3.50 to ship using the method above. When bought in larger quantities, the bubble mailers cost like a $0.25. That means about $3.75 per shipment. Perfect for shipping modern product.

I don’t recommend this for vintage product, however.

I use cardboard boxes and cut out pack size splints. Wrap a piece of paper around the pack, put between the 2 pieces of cardboard and put a small piece of tape on each side. I then place in a bubble mailer and we are good to go! Never had an issue before and usually get great reviews. Sometimes I wrap the pack in bubble wrap instead of paper, but I have found it not to matter.

about 4-8 :blush:

NO TAPE. NEVER PUT SATAN TAPE INSIDE A PACKAGE. Tape has destroyed more collectibles value than inflation.

Simply wrap the cardboard in a sheet of Saran (sandwich) Wrap.

2 Likes

I had tape issue before when receiving packs. The worst was I once had it on the side of a base set booster pack for multiple stacked packs. Thankfully I got it off okay.

Yea I know I should use saran wrap, but the way I do it with tape it never touches the pack and is a small piece on each side. The pack slides out of the paper holster I make too so the tape never gets in the way or risks even touching the card/pack. Saran is better, but I feel like the way I do it is fine too.

Yep!! I only ever use cling wrap (glad wrap or Saran for you ) for anything I send! Cardboard both sides then wrap a few layers around the item then in a padded parcel works every time