Shipping Sealed Boxes?

So I have never shipped anything bigger than a couple of cards, but may be shipping out two sealed pokemon card boxes soon. I was wondering if anyone had any videos or tips for how to ship these? I have been researching and cannot find much. I can figure it out somewhat myself, but I am wondering if there are better ways to do it. Like do you just bubble wrap it and put it in a smaller box, do you always use priority shipping? Any tips would help!

I bubble wrap, put inside a padded wrap padded flat rate envelope (this is plastic so can be bent to cover the box), then put in a cardboard box.

Do you just get those supplies from like Staples? Because I wouldnt ship boxes too often so I wouldnt want to buy in bulk.

I would assume it’s similar to shipping Funko pops since the condition of the box is also super important for those. The best shipping method I’ve personally seen as a buyer is to wrap in bubble wrap and then place into a box filled with packing peanuts fully surrounding the box so it has wiggle room and isn’t touching the actual sides of the outer shipping box. That being said, this could be slight overkill.

3 Likes

I haven’t used the packing peanuts but I layered the crap out of my boxes with bubble wrap and stuck it in a box with little room for movement. The packing peanuts is a good idea and overkill is better, nothing worse than an unsatisfied buyer. Plus boxes sell for a pretty penny or at least WOTC and I would pack accordingly.

You could go crazy and wrap it in a layer of bubble wrap…then in an acrylic container and then lots more bubble wrap or packaging peanuts so it can’t move in the box (make sure the box isn’t huge)

www.containerstore.com/category/acrylic?productId=11003224

Several layers of bubble wrap wrapped around it and then place in a box with bubble wrap around the bubble wrapped box so it can’t shift. It works surprisingly well.

@merciersj, The first thing I did when I got my Pokémon pops was rip them out of their boxes lmao

1 Like

Ahhh noooooo :sob:

@merciersj, the boxes take up so much space so I just decided to unbox them and put them on the shelf with my other figures. Once I assemble them all I’ll join a pop group and post a picture and see what their reaction is haha

1 Like

Just do whatever you have to do so that you are 100 percent sure that it is completely safe and doesn’t get damaged in transit. Go above and beyond!

My local post office recommends to protect the contents of the package to survive a drop of 1,5 meters (is that 4 feet and 11 inches?).