Best way to send cards through mail?

I’ve been thinking about selling extra cards on ebay for a while now, but I’m wondering what the best way to send them out is. I’ve never mailed anything before, but I was thinking of putting 8-10 cards (low value) in a penny sleeve, put those in a team bag, and then put the team bag in a bubble envelope. Cards with a decent amount of value would be sent the same way, but in a sleeve + toploader instead of just a sleeve. Would that be good? Is it too much? And where can I get bubble envelopes for a decent price assuming that I should use them?

Bubble mailers you’ll find on eBay or any office store.

At least put every card in a penny sleeve then put enough protection around them to protect them from a box dropping on them.

Flanking with cardboard is a good way to go. Since you’re using a bubble mailer you’d be paying first class package rates which are constant up until 8oz (cardboard won’t cost you more to ship). Then tape or rubber bands around the cardboard so nothing moves around.

NO TAPE OR RUBBERBANDS! EVER!!! OMG…JUST SHOOT ME NOW.

Wrap the cardboard covered cards tightly in a sheet of sandwich/Saran wrap and look like a pro. If you use tape inside a package you will be shunned like a gay Quaker.

2 Likes

If you’re shipping just a few cheap cards you can put them in 1 sleeve, or individual sleeves, then sandwich them between 2 top loaders and place that into the team bag. No tape, rubber bands or card board needed. If you’re shipping valuable cards give them each their own top loader, you can fit 6 top loaders to a team bag or 11 to the large team bags.

saran wrap is so underrated I also use it when i send out cards for grading.

1 Like

Shipping is quite simple.

Cards under $10-20 (depends on when you feel it worth it to track):Regular envelope. Card in a sleeve in a toploader upside down so as not to expose the top of the card to the top of the loader where you are gonna tape the top shut or use a post it note to cover the top.

Cards over $10-20: Same method for the card except use a bubble mailer.

Rules: 1. Never put more than 3 cards in a top loader. 2. Never put more than one top loader in a regular envelope.

Lots more I could say but these are the basics that can get anyone by. If you are selling on eBay - use tracking to protect yourself whenever possible. Hope it helped.

If I ever receive a toploader WITH TAPE ACROSS THE TOP at least one of three things will happen:

1. Negative feedback for the ignorant or lazy seller
  2. Return the item
  3. Will NEVER buy from that seller again

Tape to close up a toploader? Seriously? Is there even one established seller here who does that? Does anybody here like receiving a card in a taped toploader?

2 Likes

95% of all cards sent and received are done like that. I’ve been shipping cards for 4 years like that and never had an issue. It’s the people that don’t do it correctly that ruin it for some. You have to put the sleeve upside down so the tape can’t come in contact with the card. If you are shipping an expensive Mint condition card then that’s when you use the aforementioned post it note to cover. And don’t use packing tape - use the milky colored regular tape or electrical tape.

1 Like

Guys, enough with the tape!

1 Like

I came to this thread searching for @garyis2000 's tape tongue lashing. I knew it would inevitably be here somewhere. :blush:

As soon as anyone mentions tape, there might as well be a preemptive post with a link to any of Gary’s past tape meltdowns.

1 Like

People who send with tape anywhere near a toploader… smh

Don’t put tape anywhere near a card, near a sleeve or near a toploader!!!

2 Likes

The voice of reason here, finally. Isn’t it amazing there’s still non newbies using tape, especially on toploaders lol.

Thecardguyz: Remind me to never trade with or buy from you or these others in your 95%.

Ok…lets see.
If anybody else here puts tape on toploaders with a card inside please let us know. Thecardguyz says 95% of you do;)

Lol…glad I could entertain :sunglasses:

Honestly though, as you know we only try to help educate others which is kinda like what EFour is all about.
Over these last 40 years I’ve seen so many amazing cards, comics, and collectible paper products destroyed by tape that I’ll always speak up to those unaware. Fortunately, most of us are open to what’s best for our great hobby.

I thought it was a closed case too brother lol.

I didn’t know taping top loaders was a thing, until i received 3 1st edition base set charizards in taped top loaders with sticky residue from previous times it had been taped, and the charizards had got caught on the tape that was meant to be holding them in, you can imagine my reaction

1 Like

Here’s a way you can scrap the tape. Get a bag of either Team Bags or Graded Card Sleeves. Put your top loader inside and seal the bag. It’s professional looking, secure, easy to open, and the card inside can be easily, and safely removed which your trading partner will appreciate. And best of all, there will be zero chance of any tape damage or customers struggling to peel off the tape;)

4 Likes

Ok, so I don’t sell cards yet, but I buy them.

How I would like to recive cards:

1. In a sleeve
  2. Sleeve is in a toploader
  3. Toploader is in bubblewrap
  4. Eventualy paper or something to make it not move around in the box/envelope
1 Like

Ughh…now THAT is really a nightmare.

Here’s another story. About 10 years I finally got a near mint copy of the 1928 Amazing Stories pulp with Buck Rogers on the cover. This was an incredible grade considering the difficulty in preserving pulp magazines.
Well I carefully remove pd the tape and bubble wrap but a tiny bit stuck to the mag when removed from the bag and board and it destroyed the grade of a true treasure. I would have beaten the seller if he was there when I opened it.
Lesson learned…:blush:

1 Like

Guys being a bit harsh on tape here, it can also help save pokemon cards :stuck_out_tongue:

i.imgur.com/Wb18WYt.jpg?1

1 Like