How many total Base Sets including dif. languages? Toughest?

Hello friends!

Sorry if this has been asked before. I’m basically curious how many total base sets in any language have been printed. I know there are Japanese Base Set, Japanese no-rarity base set, 1st ed. base U.S., shadowless base U.S., unlimited base U.S., 4th print base U.K., spanish, german… etc. etc. But can anyone point to a specific list. I was thinking about attempting to collect every base set, as a long term goal of course.

And with this, what set in your experience has been the hardest, would be the hardest to complete?

I have about half of a no-rarity set complete, but i know the true challenge in this is getting one completed Near Mint or better. This to me seems like the hardest, but I know there is a lot I have to learn and that there could even be a base set harder to complete than this. Let me know what you think (:

Lets see…

English:
1st Edition
Shadowless
Unlimited
2000 print

Japanese:
No Rarity
Regular

German, Italian, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Korean and Chinese:
1st Edition
Unlimited

In my opinion, the most difficult ones to collect would be:
Korean Unlimited (almost impossible to find)
Chinese Unlimited
Japanese No Rarity
Korean/Chinese 1st Edition

There might be some difficulty with the rest, but those stand out. I’ve been doing a lot of searching around for the Korean Unlimited Base Set and that one is by far the most difficult set to find. It is so rare that even Koreans didn’t know it existed haha

5 Likes

Wow that is a lot!! A korean base set huh? Interesting I guess I’ll have to make an exception and probably not count that one then hahahahaha

Don’t let me discourage you lol If you managed to get the Korean Base Unlimited, You would have quite a unique collection. Anyway, I hope this helps. I believe that is all the variations of Base

1 Like

That really helped! Thanks so much for the quick info. Yeah this list will definitely keep me busy that’s for sure!

:grin:

1 Like

Base Korean is indeed very hard to find.
In a few years time I’ve only found 2 for my collection. First a Magneton and one year later a Dugtrio.

1 Like

Wow!!! That is pretty crazy… Yet pretty cool too. Just makes finding them that more satisfying