How did you come up with your username?

e4 has some pretty incredible usernames. Some are actual names (@smpratte, @bill, @mika, @martin, @Leo), but others are Pokemon spelled backward (@xileets - steelix), acronyms (@pfm, @ddk), Xbox Live gamertags (@D3F14NC3), animal names (@koala, @Rattlesnake), Pokemon names with numbers (@Charizard1020) or adjectives (@wisewailmer), Pokemon towns (@Cerulean), or simply unique (@c0ll3ct0r, @lolzicost, @kpod, @HumanForScale).

So how did you come up with your username?

17 Likes

I just wanna say I didnā€™t realize until this post xileets was steelix backwards. And he even has steelix as his pfpā€¦ :man_facepalming:

23 Likes

Mine is also my old Xbox gamer tag haha

8 Likes

Wow you have a great memory @Dyl.

Funny story about my username. My nieces and nephew saw it the other day on my Nintendo Switch and they;

1. Didnā€™t know what a gamertag was and
  2. Had never seen anyone use numbers as letters before (aka leetspeak)

This is how I felt in that moment:

matt-damon

12 Likes

Sufficiently descriptive, a few spelling twists, no references to Pokemon and trying to avoid cheesiness. The first and best idea that came to mind.

8 Likes

Game Center ign lol from the days where i used to play a lot of mobile games as kid on my iPod/iPad from clash of clans, Dragonvale, dragon city etc XD

used it aswell for the Mobile MOBA Vainglory before it died

7 Likes

Its my old university login code. References my actual name. Glenn Otto and i must have been the sixth with that specific combination of letters.

9 Likes

I wanted something personal so I included my name (Josh), but I didnā€™t want it to just be my name because I wanted something distinct. I focus on the collecting aspect and donā€™t care about stonks so I thought it was a good representation to have my name represent my collection. The ā€œOddā€ part is two-fold, Oddish is my favorite Pokemon and I also have a rather odd collection (a unique species collector and tons of odd errors) :innocent:

14 Likes

Shoop Da Whoop | Know Your Meme

Ancient internet ā€œmemeā€. A much younger me was bored one night and making a new character in World of Warcraft, circa 2005ish. I had the brilliant idea to name my character after the video/picture my friends were obsessed with obnoxiously referencing at the time. Shoopdawhoop seemed too long for a name, so I shortened it. For whatever reason added a ā€˜sā€™ to the end of Shoop.

Been my nickname ever since, throughout many MMOs/online games. Even my closest IRL friends still call me by this name lol.

12 Likes

It is my name, but written in a cool way when I was 15 and made a discord account! When I made an account on here, I thought why not use the same name. So it is kind of just my name

5 Likes

It was probably around 20 years ago in the early 2000s R/S/E were the newest pokemon games. I remember really being into the GameCube version of Animal and Tales of Symphonia. My username on the official Nintendo ā€œNsiderā€ forums was PKMN_FLYING_MASTER because Wingull was my favourite PokĆ©mon at the time and I really loved flying types. Still do to this day

Hereā€™s a taste of what it was like on the PokĆ©mon boards

https://web.archive.org/web/20070609124340/http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board?board.id=pokemon

https://web.archive.org/web/20070507080529/http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=pokemon&message.id=2158439

14 Likes

I decided to create a YouTube channel back in 2010 to post CoD MW2 throwing knife montages, as I used to constantly use throwing knives in the game after seeing a YouTube video on it by Wootnessy. Wow, 13 years flew by quickly. I needed to come up with a username, and since I only planned on posting throwing knife montages, I decided on ThrowingKnifeKiller. Still use it on various platforms to this day.

9 Likes

Years ago while re-entering this hobby I had to decide username for Finnish Pokemon forum ( doesnā€™t exist anymore, RIP ), while doing it this following song was playing on the background:

Iā€™d say itā€™s really fitting name since most of my favourite creatures/places in Pokemon have something to do with water. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Charizard for my favorite PokƩmon and 10 for the month of October and 20 for the 20th day which is my birthday October 20th. Just worked well :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Func fact itā€™s not my real name.
I feel like an impostor when people call me by my username and think itā€™s my real name :rofl:

7 Likes

My name is Connor and my grandma used to call me Conway Twitty since she loved that guy. Probably should have chosen something Pokemon related lol.

2 Likes

I used to upload CoD videos as well! Those were the days.

3 Likes

I used the same username online from age 14 to 30+ and was consistent enough that some people recognized me from time to time from the really distinct username I used on every website and forum. But around 2020 I decided it was time to really reduce my internet presence and keep a lower profile, so I wanted to use a username that was more subtle.

I chose Stagecoach and have been Stagecoach ever since. Itā€™s just a word I like. I like the aesthetics of it.

12 Likes

When I joined E4, I lived and breathed a casual MTG commander deck that was 5-color and had mana fixing issues. I was fairly new to commander/EDH. One of my favorite cards at the time was a pure blessing for mana fixing, called Chromatic Lantern.

Along with that, one of my favorite Pokemon of all time, that is sorely underrated, is Lanturn. A Lanturn nicknamed Dolph carried me through one of my early playthroughs of Silver, and Iā€™ve loved it ever since.
The K is just me wanting to be a little different haha. Thus, KromaticLanturn.

20 Likes

Ez, filthy frank called himself papa frank, and he is a god.

13 Likes