Hot off the Press - Take a Look at this Guy!

I’ve got a live one here boys (and gals)! For those that are interested (it’s a good read) take a look - sorry in advance for possibly the longest E4 Post ever created… LOL

A few days ago, I stumbled across an eBay Auction:

www.ebay.com/itm/232333793893?_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I figured this may be a good collection for re-sale; however, I was concerned about the eBay Seller (fairly new to selling). So, I sent him a eBay Message to try and feel him out (I am BLUE - He is RED):

Sent: May-16-17 21:21

Hello,

I just recently stumbled upon your eBay Auction and wanted to clarify a few things with you before deciding whether or not to purchase…

This Auction is for EVERYTHING - 500ish Holo Cards and 5,000ish Common, Un-Common, Rare Cards - not just the cards in the pictures - correct?

Additionally, I was hoping you could give me a rough estimate as to how many cards (English and Japanese) are from the Wizards of the Coast Era (Base Set through eReader Sets)? Roughly how many of the Holo Cards and roughly how many of the C. / Un. / R. Cards?

If you could get back to me when you get a chance that would be very much appreciated - THANKS!

Nick

Sent: May-17-17 00:46

yes sorry it took soo long to reply but yes its for wayy more than whats pictured !! i will get you more numbers tomorrow! if it ends ill put it back up

Sent: May-17-17 16:23

OK - Awesome!

Were you able to get a rough idea as to the quantity of Wizards of the Coast Era Cards? Don’t go crazy counting everything; just a real rough estimate would suffice - just so I have an idea on where to put my maximum bid - as I generally pay less for the Nintendo Era Cards.

Talk Soon!

Nick

Sent: May-17-17 23:17

Hello,

Well, I decided to pull the trigger on this collection… Honestly, I was hoping to snag everything for closer to the original $500.00 price-point - ended-up paying a couple hundred more based on the number of Charizard and Blastoise Cards and other Holo Cards - we shall see; cannot wait to sort through everything!

Hopefully find a bunch of cards to fill some of the holes in my collection!

Anyway, I just purchased and provided payment through PayPal. PLEASE package and mail everything with care - as to avoid any damage during shipment. And if you could upload tracking information whenever it is available, that would be GREAT!

THANKS A LOT!

Nick

I only received that one message from the seller, he never sent me another message. But I stumbled across the auction last minute and sent those follow-up messages the day the auction was ending, so I really didn’t think anything of it - not everyone sits at there computer all day looking at eBay like me! LOL Anyway, after that initial message, I made a decision to place my bid at the end of the auction - while his response was very short, he at least got back to me and seemed eager to sell! Plus, he had a bunch of other auctions running, so I figured he was just trying to sell-off his collection. Not to mention, he had at least a few positive feedback ratings from recent Pokemon Sales. Now, keep in-mind; because I decided to purchase this collection, I could not purchase a few other auctions that I was watching that ended that same night! Anyway, I won the auction and immediately provided payment via PayPal.

The Fun Begins…

This purchase drained my PayPal Account down to $0.00. The next morning, I made a small purchase and noticed that the funds were coming out of my PayPal Account - very strange because I only had a few $1.00 - $5.00 sales that night - not nearly enough to cover this purchase. So, I checked my PayPal Account… Low and behold, the seller had canceled the transaction and issued me a refund! I LOST IT!

Sent: May-18-17 11:34

Really???

You’re going to list something on eBay via eBay Auction at a price-point that YOU DECIDE - have that auction run its full course; and then NOT HONOR the sale of your item???

Not only that; you don’t have the common decency to even send me an eBay Message explaining the situation!!! Honestly, I had a feeling that something like this would occur - all of you new eBay Sellers are the same! You are trying to take advantage of this “Pokemon Craze” yet have ZERO IDEA on what you are doing.

GOOD LUCK SELLING ANYTHING ELSE WITH A NICE, FRESH NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ATTACHED TO YOUR ACCOUNT - THAT WILL DO WONDERS TO YOUR EBAY SALES :blush:

Nick

New Feedback for Him:

BEWARE SCAMMER! No Communication - Cancels Purchase / Re-Lists for Higher Amount

Sent: May-18-17 14:59

HEY THANKS BY THE WAY FOR THE FEEDBACK YOU JUST CAUSED YOURSELF A WHOLE BUNCH OF PROBLEMS NOW CRYBABY !! I NEVER RELISTED THE ITEM FOR ONE AND FOR TWO IM GUNNA SCREEN SHOT YOUR MESSAGES AND ILL BE SURE TO MESSAGE EVERY SINGLE BUYER YOU HAVE AND SHOW THEM THE MESSAGE YOU SENT ME YUO DONT EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE MESSING WITH SO I HOPE IT WAS WORTH IT FOR YOU BUT I CAN GUARENTEED IT WONT BE :wink:

Sent: May-18-17 17:08

actually I did try and explain things to you but your obviously to ignorant to comprehend what I said … but anyways your feedback isn’t gunna make a difference in anything but hopefully karma doesn’t come bgack to bite you! Ive got somethin in store for you tho lol and funny how you say all us new people are just selling because the pokemon is boomin right now well DUH genious that’s the same thing your doin or you wouldn’t be so butt hurt about this whole deal!!! but anyway maybe you should start lookin for a new job incase this one doesn’t work out

By the time I received these two messages, I was getting ready to go out with a few college friends for the night. I was actually in my car driving out of my neighborhood when I got the notification on my watch - fearing that this guy was literally insane and might actually purchase one of my items just to leave negative feedback and get back to me, I drove back to my house and blocked him from my account.

That’s not All…

Today, after spending the night out with friends and having a good-time, I was calmed-down. So, I decided that I would message the seller one more time in hopes of explaining my situation to him - and possibly giving him some advice for selling in the future. Here is what I said:

Sent: May-19-17 08:20

OK… First Off, excuse my long eBay Message, but I do hope that you read the entire message - this could very well help you out in the future!

Now, the eBay Message I sent you yesterday was harsh (will admit). However, I contacted you on multiple occasions while your eBay Auction was running asking for details as to this collection and expressing my interest. This communication was for two reasons: I really did want to know how many WotC-Era Cards were included (as those are the cards that I collect and re-sell) AND (more importantly) I wanted to gauge what type of seller you were. No matter how much we disagree; the fact that you are a new eBay Seller with very few (yet positive) feedback does concern me - I have been burned on multiple occasions from new eBay Sellers - that was partially why I was so upset yesterday. You seemed to be very professional and honest with me (and had a few good feedbacks); so I decided to put the “new seller” mentality aside and decided to try my luck with your eBay Auction.

After winning the auction, I provided payment via PayPal immediately and sent you another message in regards to shipment. I thought everything was going smoothly; however, when I purchased another collection of cards yesterday, I noticed that the funds were coming directly out of my PayPal Account - which should not have been the case as I drained my PayPal Account for this purchase. It was not until I logged onto PayPal that I realized you had refunded me for this purchase - thus canceling the transaction. I did not receive any communication for you whatsoever explaining what had occurred and honestly, I am fairly certain I would not have ever heard from you again if it were not for the Negative Feedback I left for you…

It was not until after the fact that you come up with this idea that your eBay Auction had a “reserve” and the “reserve” was not met. Not to sound condescending, but do you know what a “reserve” actually is? See Next Message…

Sent: May-19-17 08:20

Read Previous Message First…

A “reserve” is an additional feature that eBay has in-place for the auction format. This is something that you set-up while listing the auction and have to pay for up-front. Basically, until your auction reaches this “reserve” price (which only you know), the item will not sell. If the auction ends without the reserve being met, nobody “wins” the auction - and thusly, nobody pays for the purchase. You claiming that the “reserve” was not met is false. There was no “reserve” on your auction - thus the reason I was able to provide payment.

So, there were multiple issues that I came across during this whole transaction:

1.) Lack of communication after your first eBay Message while your auction was running - this is fairly common and not a huge issue.

2.) Canceling purchase and refunding payment without any communication beforehand. This is where I start to get really upset… I only have so much funds to purchase cards for re-sale, so I pick and choose which auctions to purchase. It just so happens I missed-out on another auction to purchase this one.

3.) OUR communications after the fact… I am not going to place the entire blame on you; as my eBay Message was in the “heat of the moment” as well. However, if you decide to continue selling on eBay, you WILL receive these types of messages from buyers. It’s the sellers job to defuse the situation instead of escalating - after all, it’s your reputation on the line.

4.) The whole “reserve was not met”… This is another HUGE red-flag for me. Since there was no reserve, this can only mean that you were unhappy with the final price of the auction and wanted to keep the item to either re-sell as the same “bulk” lot and/or split-up into smaller lots for re-sale.

I saw your request to revise my feedback. Honestly, I adjusted my feedback to something more appropriate and professional before submitting. I truly feel that this feedback is appropriate given the circumstance.

Nick

Honestly, after sending that really long message, I kind of felt bad for the seller. I will admit, I was rough on him with my original message - perhaps sparking his rage in replying back. I was actually to the point where I was thinking that I would wait on his reply to see how he reacted - and if it was something positive (really anything nice and professional) I would have thought about accepting his request for me to revise my feedback - as I know how bad a negative feedback is (especially for new sellers).

His Response…

Sent: May-19-17 09:43

EBAY SINCE YOU READ ALL MESSAGES THIS PHONEY SAYS WHAT HE LEFT ON MY FEEDBACK IS ACCURATE :thinking:?? IF YOU HAVE BEEN READING MY MESSAGES AND WATCHING MY SALES THEN YOU WOULD KNOW I NEVER REPOSTED MY COLLECTION AND THE PRICE HASNT CHANGED !! AND FOR TWO I HAVE KEPT IN COMMUNICATION WITH THIS IDIOT THE WHOLE TIME!! SOO IF SOMETHING DOESNT CHANGE THEN I WILL HAVE TO GET AHOLD OF THE BOSS AND DEAL WITH THIS FURTHER!! AND AS FOR A COLLECTOR YOU ARE VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND YOU WILL BE HAVEING ALOT OF PEOPLE LEAVING YOU SOME GOOD FEEDBACK HERE SOON BUDDY THANK YOU YOU JUST MESSED UP NICK!

Sent: May-19-17 09:50

O AND ONE MORE THING ARENT YOU A LIFEGUARD AT CASEY POOL? JUST WONDERING SOMEBODY TOLD ME THAT YOU WERE STEALING FROM THERE SHOULD I MAKE A PHONE CALL??

Sent: May-19-17 09:57

:slight_smile: looks like you have ALOT MORE ON THE LINE THAN I DO SO MAYBE YOU WILL THINK ABOUT IT BEFORE YOU TREAT THE NEXT PERSON LIKE SHIT IM NOT ONE TO MESS WITH AND EVERYBODY WHO EVEN KNOWS OF ME WOULD TELL YOU THAT I DONT JUST PAY BACK I GET REVENGE IN WAYS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DEALT WITH BEFORE HAND LIKE YOU STEALING FROM YOU JOB MILFORD! BUT ANYWAYS IM DONE TALKIN TO YOU YOUR NOTHING BUT A LOW LIFE AND WANNA ACT INNOCENT WELL GUESS WHAT THE INOCENCE ALWAYS SHOWS ITS TRUE COLORS IN THE END NOBODY WINS BUT ME HAVE A GOOD DAY

WHAT THE F*** !!! Now, I don’t believe a word of his S*** but seriously??? Cool Bro, you searched my name on Facebook and saw that I was a lifeguard back in High School. Guess you were to stupid to look at the dates I worked as a lifeguard and that I’m now graduated from college making $$$

Any “feeling bad” I had for this seller is long out the window. I plan on calling eBay this afternoon in hopes that they’re able to help me out and do something with this scumbag.

Rant Over!

Dude…

1st off sellers like that ruin the Ebay market, and are literally collapsing the small bit of decency still in the marketplace.

2nd id lock your doors at home, this guy might just show up, wow calling you out where you worked, that is messed up.

Its stuff like this where I wish these sellers or bad buyers would have to come here to the forum and list their “gripes or arguments” and we could tear them a new one.

2 Likes

The messages sent from the seller is so threatening. I believe eBay does not handle threat messages well so he should be facing some form of consequences just by sending you those messages. Like what @smellyblueberry said, lock your doors man, he could be a psycho :slightly_frowning_face:

Dude just read the item description, my eyes are bleeding from poor grammar, punctuation, and just pathetic use of 80% caps.

ALSO:

I love how his response to your negative feedback is the item did not make the reserve, there was no reserve! Literally his argument is invalid due to his sheer stupidity.

I just went through the description thoroughly again and my oh my, the CAPS reminded me of not finishing reading it in the first placex_x

I hate sellers like that… What an ass… Especially those caps get on my nerves.

Oh, and slightly off-topic, but a little rant of myself on this forum:

EDIT: Ok, ok, I’ve put it in spoiler-tags… Mainly because I was annoyed by my own post. :relieved:

[SPOILER: Click to show](javascript:void(0):wink:

TL;DR: Don’t quote an extremely long post… Only quote the highlighted parts you want to quote (or reply without quote)…

And for any new member not knowing how to have multiple quotes. To switch from Quick Reply to full rich-text area, click on the Reply button:

To split / have multiple quote blocks in your reply: Use the BBCode below the rich-text area, and use multiple quote-blocks[quote]quote-text[/quote]Some of your own text[quote]some more quote-text[/quote]Some more of your own text. etc.
/end of rant
PS: Sorry for the wall of text, but it gets the point across to anyone reading it. :slightly_smiling_face: Ok, back to topic: I hope eBay sides with you. Good luck.

Greetz,
Quuador

I have an account purely for selling and one for buying. It helps to avoid problems like these. It seems like he didn’t like the idea of you reselling his cards so that’s why he cancelled it. Though for some reason for me I cannot leave feedback for people who’ve cancelled my orders before. Not sure why.

Fortunately, the seller lives out on the West Coast and I’m on the East Coast - not sure if this angered him enough to make the road-trip out this way! Haha In all seriousness though, this is the EXACT reason why I try and avoid giving-out any of my contact information and pay $120.00 / Year for my P.O. Box. Call me paranoid, but I really don’t like giving-out my home address to “strangers” I buy / sell with on eBay.

THANK YOU! I got a good laugh at that - like really; that is how you are going to play this game??? Can you say “Seller’s Remorse”? That is exactly what this was; seller saw me purchase this collection knowing that it was for re-sale and thought to themselves: Hey, if this person is purchasing for re-sale, I must be sitting on a goldmine! Here come 100 more Charmander and Krabby cards listed for the LOW PRICE of $1,000.00 / Ea. LOL

@quuador THANKS for the Information. You know, I always wondered how people quoted a partial portion of text within there post - learn something new everyday!

1 Like

I have thought about creating a new eBay Account simply for buying; however, to be frank I’m lazy… I don’t want to have to browse eBay with one account and sell with another; I like being able to jump around - list items, answer messages, and browse for new items - good at multitasking that way! Plus, this is really the first time anything like this has ever occurred with me - and I have purchased A LOT on eBay for re-sale purposes.

I was determined to leave this eBay Seller a Negative Feedback :wink: No, it actually took me a few minutes to figure this out too! When a seller cancels a transaction and issues you a refund, the item no longer shows-up under your normal “Purchase History” - instead it gets moved into your “Unpaid Items”. At first glance, there is no option to leave feedback; however, to the left of the item, there will be a link with a dropdown box that says “More Action” - open that dropdown box and there will be an option to leave feedback.

This was a fun read. Definitely contact eBay though, this guy should get his account shut down for those messages.

If you want him listed as a scammer, shoot me some screenshots of your messages and I’ll put him on our “don’t touch these people with a 10-foot pole” blacklist.

4 Likes

Between the awful grammar and the capslock spam, the seller acts like a 10 year old who just got his house blown up in Minecraft or something. Even more immature is the fact that they think it’s ok to, y’know, SEND THREATS to a buyer and STALK THEM. I don’t care if it’s a ‘minor’ threat, the fact that you’re hiding behind a keyboard does not make it ok. A threat is a threat, and should be taken seriously. 10/10 model eBay seller here folks.

2 Likes

Horrible that you are going through this. That is this current generation of “Me, me, me…”, if they don’t get their way, they will b!tch and moan and escalate it to the lengths that we see here. But yes, this persons grammar is HORRIBLE. Hopefully this gets resolved. Definitely report him for misconduct!

Caps lock hurtz mah brains!!! lol

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. Well said…

Call eBay. Tell them about the threats. Tell them that he has harassed you outside of eBay (I know he hasn’t, but he’s threatened to) - these are all breaches of policy.

muhahaha… Your post is not as long as mine.

I taker the crown.

never fear for i am the most annoying in the land
so do not feel shame good sir.

2 Likes

I cannot believe he searched you on Facebook to then mention your previous jobs… what a creep!

1 Like