imgur.com/gallery/Iht2U1O

That’s regular

imgur.com/gallery/qh1iKsm that regular

1 Like

What’s the difference

It has a non holo pattern .
No dot holo pattern

1 Like

@casual Johnn means the Team Rocket Dark Dragonite usually has a Cosmos holofoil, and his misprinted copy has no holofoil pattern at all. Here a side-by-side picture to perhaps notice the differences a bit easier:

I think I’ve seen WotC Holofoil cards without holo pattern like that before, but it’s been a few years ago, so can’t really remember where. Probably somewhere on this forum, though.

Oh, and here is a thread with a few different approaches to post inline pictures, Johnn. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

8 Likes

More than likely the holofoil star pattern is still there, just subdued.

@quuador There was a Dragonite and Lapras card that appeared some years ago that appeared the same way, but the foil stars could still be seen when viewed closely in better light. Particularly in the case of the Lapras. Still a misprint I suppose:)

3 Likes

Ah yeah, I indeed had a Lapras pop into my mind when I wrote my comment above, and I remember the foil stars could still be seen on very close inspection and certain light angles. But I wasn’t 100% sure whether it was a Lapras when I wrote it just yet, since I’ve also recently saw some Cosmos Holofoil Fossil cards where Lapras was highlighted a couple of time. Since my mind isn’t the best just before the weekend, I deemed it likely it was just playing tricks with me due to that. But apparently I do remember it correctly after all, haha. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like