"GHOST" Misprint Dark Dragonite Holo from Rocket, any ideas?

I made a post about it on Ig but not many info was gathered there, so I’m posting it here. A friend of mine found this Holo Dark Dragonite in some bulk he bought and he realized it was very pale compared to others. I authenticate cards myself and honestly couldn’t call it fake. What I could notice was that a layer of black ink was missing, or that’s what I thought. Hoping someone else knows something about this. Remember seeing a Dark Arbok and Dark Slowbro or Weezing back in the day with this same error. I lacked a holo version to compare so I took photos of it next to a non-holo version of the card. All info is appreciated, thanks!

Left “Ghost” rare pale error, right normal card for comparison

“Ghost” Dark Dragonite

Normal Dark Dragonite

Zoomed error version on first of each photos duo, then normal version second.

Instagram: papa_frank_god

1 Like

Looks like a standard printing difference or variant to me. Maybe it was left out in a sunny place for a bit. Nothing to write home about and certainly not an “error” card in the way that some people will talk about.

Actually black ink doesnt fade first with sun exposure, that would be the magenta, and then the yellow, leaving just cyan and black (that’s the way to tell a fake albino from a real albino, the presence of black ink or “key”). So sunfading is not an option here imo.

This is a real printing error. It’s missing one of the two black layers they apply to the card.
see more here:
www.elitefourum.com/t/are-theses-cards-missprint/24848/1

5 Likes

Holy… can’t believe someone post this same thing xD Thanks a lot !

1 Like

Then perhaps the printer was out of black ink. Happens more than you would think. Definitely not fake at least from what I can tell, but I’d treat it no different than a normal Dark Dragonite.

Well, depends if you are a misprint collector or not.