Holo bleed 1st edition French Leveinard (Chansey)

Hello all, this is my first post here. I recently got many of my childhood cards graded and did very well on quite a few of them. I knew my chansey had holo bleed but did not know that it was desirable, in fact I was worried it was going to hurt my grade from psa but it graded a psa 9. I’m wondering if anyone has knowledge on what something like this would go for. I can find very little info about this card with this grade already and def not any info with holo bleed. Will include picture for reference. It was most apparent on the pre-graded psa picture they took which is now gone but is still apparent in normal lighting conditions

2 Likes

The print quality is known to be very poor for foreign language Base cards. Several of mine are like this. These language cards were printed in Belgium and the company owner hated Pokemon cards and didn’t care how they were printed. So as far as value goes, I’m not sure it would add much knowing a bit of the history on these cards.

1 Like

If you were to grade this with CGC, it would likely get the “insufficient ink” designation. There is a middle white layer of ink that prevents the holo pattern from bleeding through on the non-art box portion of the card and on Chansey. This white ink is printed in too thin of a layer or an adequate layer but with too much translucency, leading to holo bleed.

Personally, I don’t think that it would receive that large of a premium, especially because it is a non-English print. Perhaps a Chansey collector or a French Base collector would be interested. As Kh36 stated, there is known print variability out of Belgium, so finding something like this is not particularly uncommon.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the info this was very helpful

French here, unfortunately it’s quite common and I don’t think it’s much in demand here.

If it had been PSA 10 it would have been a completely different story (very low population and offers that can go very high).

I am a French base set collector and I have been primarily tracking this card for the past 5 years. I’ve seen a handful of holo bleeds with the French holos. They are cool, but I haven’t seen them command much of a premium. A couple of PSA 9s have been sold in the last two years with values ranging from $800-$1100. There is a current listing on eBay for $1200 that hasn’t sold in the last month or two. A PSA 9 of Leveinard is still fairly rare, with only 59 graded, the lowest of all PSA 9 base set holos.

As mika said, a PSA 10 Leveinard is a crazy rare card, and my personal holy grail. Only 3 currently exist. I myself have an open offer of $7000 for one, but the last one sold around 5 years ago so the market price is currently unknown.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the info, it’s been very helpful. I decided to list the card for 1100 or best offer. I’m holding on to most of my childhood cards but since I’m not French I’m going to sell my Leveinard and melofee, both psa 9s with similar holo bleed.

It’s not enough to get the designation, I had about 2-3 cards and sent them back for a review with no luck. One was a light bleed and the other was a heavy bleed. I spoke with them and it needs to be very heavy to get the error.

Holo Bleed base set cards are sick, regardless of the language. I think these are worth hanging on to.

1 Like

Hey buddy could you mp me on @damienjulienj I would love to get to know more about your French Leveinard psa 10

Cheers

Sorry, I do not own a PSA 10 Leveinard. I currently have an open offer of $20,000 for one though.

1 Like

If you don’t want it for 7000$, I’ll take that offer

I want to know more about this card, can you msg me on my insta? damienjulienj

I feel like I’m in an ebay message

5 Likes

He said that he does not own a PSA 10 Leveinard and he is offering to pay $20,000 for the card to anyone who may happen to own one.

This :laughing:

1 Like