Holahart's Eevee collection

Thank you so much! I do love when Eevee cards feature other Pokémon, especially favorites of mine like Togedemaru.

And thanks, though I can’t take credit for the flavor text as it’s basically the same as Flying Pikachu’s :laughing:

3 Likes

There’s another slight variant of the Jungle Eevee that exists, from the 1999-2000 Australian (red logo) and Belgian Jungle boxes. There’s no obvious visual distinction, but it’s apparently on a different type of card stock. Some info can be found here by someone recently looking for the Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff variants, but I think there are more threads that exist on E4 talking about it.

Not sure if you’re aware of this variant (it’s definitely extremely subtle), but just wanted to point out that it exists :slightly_smiling_face: Moving all the binder cards over one slot from the very beginning would also be a pain :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Wow, that’s really neat! I had no idea, thank you for sharing. I’ll definitely be looking into this more once I knock out some major goals in my Japanese collection.

3 Likes

The funny thing about this card is when you realise those are eyebrows and not eyes…

3 Likes

Viewing the lines as eyebrows instead of eyes makes the card art so wonky :joy: (I still think they’re eyes,but a funny interpretation nonetheless!)

3 Likes

The eyes are the little lines attached to the nose :wink:

1 Like

Based on other Q-rais illustrations I think that’s just Eevee’s scrunched nose, but you definitely had me doing a double-take just now :rofl:

3 Likes

You ever planning on expanding to other eeveelutions?

1 Like

Good question! I pick up cards of Eeveelutions here and there, but after I’m satisfied with my Japanese Eevee collection, I’ll probably move on to Eevee cards of other languages :slight_smile:

If I was to seriously collect an Eeveelution I’d probably start with Leafeon or Jolteon though!

4 Likes

I have considered collecting Eevee in all languages. I just can’t get started on it due to trying to finish off the Eeveelutions in English and Japanese.

3 Likes

It’s been a fun side-quest for me so far, but I totally get the hesitation in making that a main collection goal. Especially when you’re already on the hunt for some crazy rare Eeveelution cards!

1 Like

Major binder update!

• Added pictures of my:
    Japanese Eevee cards
    Eevee cameos
    Misc. Eevee/Eeveelution cards
    Sealed Eevee cards
  • Reorganized my collection into a new laser-etched binder courtesy of @dack

Wish me luck with saving up for a Fan Club Eevee :grimacing:

9 Likes

Love the update! I thought I was looking at my binder at first glance since the organization lined up perfectly. I highly agree with the sort by release date mixing in Japanese and English (and sometimes French). Rooting for you on the Fan Club Eevee, there is a clean PSA 6 at auction on eBay right now.

2 Likes

Crossing my fingers for you! It’ll look so nice next to the other Eevees.

3 Likes

Thank you! Haha, I was definitely inspired after seeing how your binder was organized.

I did purposefully omit spaces for some cards (ex. 2013 French McDonald’s Eevee, Korean RC Eevee) so that some of my favorite cards could be centered on their pages (Collection File promo BoXY rev holo, Munch promo, Master Ball holo, etc.). I do intend on searching for those non-English/Japanese exclusives that you have eventually, though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Beautiful collection. I love seeing your cards all side by side in their folder. Very impressive.

3 Likes

Thanks so much! I’m a big fan of your collection as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

four month check-in - any leads on fan club? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Haha I wish :slight_smile: granted I’ve only been officially looking for a copy for the past week or so since I decided I’ve saved up enough. Keeping a close eye out though.

Unrelated but I’m considering posting my non-Eevee collection soon after being inspired by your latest post. Just have to organize it all first :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Hahaha can’t wait to see it. It’s easier to organize and post the smaller it is :brain:

Hope you nab a copy soon. My collection is still in “Scheduled for Grading” limbo

2 Likes