Have any of you ever returned a card that PSA over-graded?

I’m curious, have any of you have ever returned a card that PSA over-graded? I just bought a low-pop PSA 10 off of ebay and there is a huge crease down the side on the back of the card. I got it for a low price and I’m wondering if I should return it to PSA for their Grade Guarantee. Has anyone ever had any success with that?

I bought this card for my secret santa but can’t send it to them because I know it’s more like a PSA 1… :frowning:

1 Like

It would be easier to just return it to the seller if thats an option.

3 Likes

I don’t blame the seller, I only caught it when holding the card at a certain angle. It is the grading company’s job to grade as accurately as possible, so I want them to be held responsible for it.

3 Likes

Can be very hit or miss but I’ve seen the guarantee pay before. PSA doesn’t love admitting they are wrong usually.

3 Likes

Yep, I’ve done it successfully.

4 Likes

That’s awesome, getting a $400 check is sick. The card I bought has no sales data so I’m curious how they will determine a price.

The card has never been sold? Are there ungraded comps?

1 Like

Its got the sales data of what you bought it for lol

2 Likes

PSA has no price history for it on their pop report and pokemonprice doesn’t have any sales data either. It has sold raw before yes

LOL, well yes, but aside from that there is nothing. I doubt they would include my purchase in their data :laughing:

2 Likes

Do you mind including the name/grade of the card?

I don’t want to publicly spoil anything for Secret Santa but I will PM it to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cant you just return and let the seller get the money back?

I could, but I’m also kind of curious to see where it goes LOL. I only spent $35 on the card. If PSA ends up giving me more than that it could be a win-win who knows. It’s cheap enough that I’m willing to experiment for science.

5 Likes

That is a beautiful reply

1 Like

PSA will give you the difference between the PSA 10 and the new grade. If a PSA 10 is worth $35, then the lower grade must be worth $10 or less. So they’d cut you a fat check for $20-25 after 6+ weeks in CRC.

3 Likes

So since there is no sales data what I need to do is grade a raw one and sell it to an alt account for $15,000 and also sell a PSA 1 to myself for $1 so that PSA will refund me $14,999. Easy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Secret santa is $50 minimum so thatll work…

1 Like

@pfm I saw you add the regret tag :eye::eye:

This is an elaborate scheme to allow my secret santa to use the grade guarantee to receive tens of thousands of dollars. I have no regrets!

(also for what it’s worth there are no scans on PSA’s website so I couldn’t tell it was damaged beforehand, and the ebay images didn’t show it either)

3 Likes

You can regret a purchase but it also not be your fault!

4 Likes