Gym Badges

Just out of curiosity, what is with the gym badges a lot people on here have hovering above their profile pictures? How are they obtained?

you earn them based on post count

anyone miss the titles we used to get? I remember being happy finally obtaining ā€˜shining charizardā€™

4 Likes

Donā€™t listen to acebren, heā€™s just yanking your chain. The gym badges are obtained by doing a ā€˜favorā€™ for one of the staff members. If youā€™ll notice thereā€™s eight gym badges, and eight staff members: @smpratte , @funmonkey54 , @japanime , @djgigabyte , @milhouse , @fourthstartcg , @woolsluk , and @reinasierpe .

As for what the favors are, it depends upon the staff member. @reinasierpe and @djgigabyte will pretty much just give theirs away, which is why almost everyone has the Boulder Badge and Cascade Badge. Thunder Badge and Rainbow Badge are held by @woolsluk and @fourthstartcg , itā€™s easy enough to get their badges, but you have to be willing to embarrass yourself a little, for example @woolsulk made me proclaim my love for dunsparce on discord and @forthstartcg likes to make people write ā€˜no rarity is the true first editionā€™ all over the forum. @japanime has the soul badge, which can be hard to get becacuse heā€™s afk often, but heā€™s nice enough to give you it if you can catch him. As for the Marsh Badge, Volcano Badge, and Earth Badge; donā€™t ask me how to get those. Theyā€™re held by @milhouse , @funmonkey54 , and @smpratte and the ā€˜favorsā€™ they ask you to do are just sick, which is why I donā€™t have any badges from those bastards.

Edit: Just remembered I have the marsh badgeā€¦ I donā€™t want to talk about it.

30 Likes

Hahaha, that was good. And thanks guys, I cant wait to dehumanize and strip myself of all my dignityā€¦ But I might just do it for some of them fancy digital Pokemon Gym Badges.

@shizzlemetimbers still has a title: ā€œWizards of the Graphicsā€. :blush:

Speaking of which, what happened to the top bannerā€¦ Not sure if itā€™s just me, but itā€™s gone since this morning. The top of the page is the menu-barā€¦ (sorry to derail).

Greetz,
Quuador

I just noticed it, Thank you! @reina Sierpe I kind of feel like Ash Ketchum did when he was simply handed free gym badges, heh.

You are right, @reinasierpe is pretty easy! :wink:

4 Likes

I didnā€™t know about theseā€¦ Now I go on that same journey to get these badges nowā€¦ So do you just PM the Moderators and ask them what they want you to do?
Mjisaacs

Close, they make you jump through hoops. Itā€™s like the test in fight club where they tell you your deficiencies, tell you youā€™re not worthy, and say thinks like ā€˜I donā€™t have any power to give you the badgeā€™ but if you keep messaging them everyday and hold your ground eventually theyā€™ll tell you what you need to do.

4 Likes

Are we allowed to discuss the secret subforum for people with 5+ badges @smpratte ?

3 Likes

Getting my badge now involves going behind a bike shed with me for 15 mins or so, decided it was given out too easily.

2 Likes

You didnā€™t mention the 9th badge. If I told you what that was for Iā€™d have to kill you.

3 Likes

Trips to the dentist, optometrist, and the mortician? Count me in!

9000 posts is quite a lot Garison.

Yeah lol. I started posting in 1970;)

5 Likes

I heard it was a sheep shed not a bike shedā€¦

Never even checked mine, I have 4 haha sweet :blush:

wow i didnt know thats how you got them! i think i have one, i feel bad now for not saying thank you to who ever gave it me lol thank you :blush:
edit: i have 2 hell yeah! :grin:

For new members who canā€™t tell we are joking, You actually get them for your post count.

6 Likes

See what I mean about the hoops thing. Always trying to convince you that they have no control over it.
If new member are too gullible to only believe smpratte, then look at this:

https://www.elitefourum.com/u/shizzlemetimbers
@shizzlemetimbers with all badges and less than 1,500 posts.

https://www.elitefourum.com/u/quuador
@quuador with 1,600 posts and whatā€™s this only seven badgesā€¦ that doesnā€™t seem like itā€™s determined by post count now does it.

3 Likes