Grinds my gears!

You know what grinds my gears, people who use charizard in there title on ebay to get the listing more attention. I see what they are doing and it probably works but it still really grinds my gears.

If i’m searching specifically for charizard cards I do not want to sift through all these other listings! Maybe its just me that is annoyed by this but I thought I would share and see what everyone else thinks.

7 Likes

Don’t forget the lovely: not Charizard, not 1st edition, not shining, no gold stars.

10 Likes

Good thing they’re Not PSA 10!

2 Likes

How could I forget the “PSA” and the universal “?”. The “?” can be on anything. I should list an auction with the title: “Grass Energy Card, Is The Most Expensive Card A T206 Honus Wagner?”.

2 Likes

Lol…

Or

USED PAD OF POST-ITS…Not psa or Pokemon or Jordan or Gretzky or Rookie blah blah blah

I want one of them rare ex holo 1st edition shining gold star charizard cards. Exclusively sold on ebay grab bag lots.

2 Likes

i effin hate those listings. pokemonforever has been doing it a lot lately. first 8 search result listings are those rubbish lots.

1 Like

If grab bags had any form of regulation to them whatsoever it would be different. But they just don’t.

I remember back in the day on Virbank a guy tried to do a lot where one of six “packs” had a really valuable card. So I had five friends go in on them with me and we said we will take them all.

Of course he had to cancel the whole exchange because it “went against the spirit of the experience.” What a whopper.

3 Likes

I don’t waste my time on any of those lots. If it’s a lot for a random ex or full art that is fine. But don’t put all these lavish cards pictured that he probably doesn’t even have or stole the picture.

Grab bags are supposed to be against eBay’s listing policies, but they’re so common, no one seems to report them. Really annoying when you’re looking for sets of cards and have to sift through all of the random lot listings out there -.-

2 Likes

Totally agreed. It seems we deal with a lot of things that are supposed to be regulated by eBay but just aren’t. I wish I could be a volunteer eBay affiliate that just helps with clearing out the garbage from our own hobby. But then, that would cost them money from lost sales anyway. I often wonder if that is part of the lack of regulation, though I know it is most likely attributable to the sheer size of their operation.

3 Likes

eBays “Grab Bag” rule:

Grab bags are listings where identified items are sold in a group (in a bag). You can list grab bags as long as you follow these rules:
Identify all contents of the grab bag in the listing. The number, quality, or condition of these items doesn’t need to be identified.
The listing doesn’t single out anything that “may” be contained in the grab bag that has particular monetary or obvious collectible value. For example, grab bag listings for collectible comic books can’t allude to the possibility that a specific rare, high value comic book “may” be included in the grab bag. This type of listing is considered a lottery, which is not allowed on eBay.
All contents of the grab bag need to follow our prohibited and restricted items policies.

1 Like

While I don’t do either type of listing, I think there is a difference in a grab bag that states: “10 common, 5 uncommon, 2 rare, 1 holo”. Something along those lines, where a general rarity is stated, and you receive the exact amount stated.

Then there is the “1 in 10 possible charizard” listing which is a full on lottery, with a 0% chance of getting the advertised card.

3 Likes

I don’t either. Really hate the clutter.

This line is telling though
“can’t allude to the possibility that a specific rare, high value comic book(item) “may” be included in the grab bag”

So if ‘Charizard’ is mentioned, and not included in all lots, it’s a violation. That’s how it reads to me.

2 Likes

If you can’t guarantee the descriptor is relevant to what the buyer receives, it doesn’t belong in the title line.

4 Likes

Guaranteed ex, full art etc. are common types of lots that wouldn’t fall under a lottery as they have specified layouts of cards included and randomly choose an ex to go with it. Still a little annoying to search around sometimes, but at least allowed as per eBay’s policy as long as its not a guaranteed ex “with 1/100 getting MEGA CHARIZARD ZOMGGGG” or something stupid like that.

But yes when you are looking for legitimate gold stars, shinings, charizards, PSA 10’s, 1st editions, etc. it is very annoying to see:

“Old Pokemon card lot”, followed with “1st edition shining gold star Charizard PSA 10?”

Then the description goes something like “selling off my whole collection. Some great cards in here. Chance at any one shown.” Then they steal a crazy photo from Gary or the charizard authority of $10,000+ in cards that they don’t even own.

You know what really grinds my gears? When everyone on the planet keeps all there mint cards and grades them for themselves. Give me all your mint cards because I’m entitled to PSA 10’s you could have, no body else.

1 Like

I think the grab bag lots that state the exact amount of rares, holos etc. you get are great. Easy for parents to buy for the kids.

REPORTED! Seller claims he is adding all these cards randomly into his lots! Yea right!

www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-13-CARD-LOT-Venasaur-1st-Edition-PSA-GOLD-STAR-EX-MEGA-Grab-Bag-/291673808719?hash=item43e91d1f4f:g:DLUAAOSwECZUoZSX

i did such grab bags. I put base set two holos, 1st editon jungle holos and tin promos. If you buy two ore more I’ll upgrade to a FA. 4 or more a FA plus secret rare. I followed through with it but its nit hard to see people be dishonest with those.

Do you give just them the lots amount in value for the one card? Sometimes I put more 10-$20 more in of ultra rare in the lot if they bought a lot. I knew that these lots were so bad normally I had to over deliver and might have lost money. So that’s why isn’t easy for someone who’s shady to just put undervalued cards.