Grey Stamped Blastoise 1st Edition

Hi everyone,

This came in the mail today. I’ve had a look on ebay and cant find any current listings/recently sold to determine a value. Anyone out there have any idea?

Cheers
Sam

imgur.com/a/zAPPf

I would argue $500-$600 in its current condition.

1 Like

You’re already trying to sell it?

Thanks for that

I’m not trying to sell it no. I was asking for a valuation.

How much did you pay for it?

It came as apart of a 1st edition set I picked up and I was unaware it was a grey stamp until it showed up today. So I can’t accurately say how much I paid for it

If I was a Blastoise collector I’d pay $250 tops. If I wanted to complete a binder set $80. If I wanted to grade it and flip it $180. If you’re trying to sell it quick, $200. If you want to sit on it List it @$500 OBO.

I just sold a grey stamp Nidoking for £200/$280 in worse condition than that today, equivalent to a psa 3/4. I did an auction but got the offer 2 hours after it began. So the market is popular for them. The right buyer will always pay a premium price.

I would myself be tempted to have a blastoise like this. If so would probably offer in the region of $450-$520

1 Like

This seems like a logic riddle! But I guess it did answer his specific question of what you would value it at so I can’t argue that.

True it does, of course I fall under the binder collector price range.

I do not collect grey stamps but considering the value of say NM blastoise 1ED prices on ebay now - anything 4-500ish seems reasonable :blush:

I appreciate all the replies and has given me some solid insight as to a rough price. Seems to be the trend of the $500ish mark.

Some people think grey stamps are overrated and should only earn a 5-10% premium.
And I somewhat agree…
But at the end of the day its worth what someones willing to pay. Some grey stamps have sold for 2-3 times the amount as their none grey stamp counterpart. So i’d be careful with letting this go for cheap.

Lets say it grades an 8, currently a 1st ed blastoise psa 8 would go for $500-$600.

I wouldn’t sell it for less than double that.

1 Like

Looks like it could be a 7. I’ve seen 7s (with black stamps) sell for $400+. I’d recommend aiming for at least $500!

Yeah it’s probably worth $500-600, but it’s the kind of card you can sit on and probably sell for $1000 to the right collector.

you’re all awesome. I had no idea of the price before this but thank you all for making one of my first posts on efour pleasurable :grin:

1 Like