Grade or Leave Sealed? Zard/Blas/Vena 1st Ed Starter Decks

Recently picked these three up, and I was just curious if (in the long run) it would be worth it to grade them or keep them sealed. I don’t mind either way.

I was also curious if anyone knew if the POP report for the Charizard is correct? It has it at only 1, but I’m Not sure that’s accurate since I own one myself.

1 Like

I saw these on eBay haha. Maybe you should ask smpratte? I think he sold his PSA 10 J. Zard ex a while ago.

I’d trade you my PSA 10 M Zard for the Zard deck tho :wink:

1 Like

Give them to me and let me decide? Haha. I’m not sure but I would assume that they would be worth more graded provided they grade PSA 10.

1 Like

I might have to ask him thanks :blush:

Lol I already have too many of those ;p

1 Like

I was thinking that same thing.

No problem!

Lol, you and me both :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just curious… How much would you take for the Zard deck? Or are you keeping the Three Amigos as a set instead of piecing it out?

I would like to keep them together, but I don’t want this to become a sales post man.

I was just curious on people’s opinions :blush:

My bad lol.

1 Like

It’s no problem :blush:

1 Like

If you open and grade them, and they don’t return in the grade you want which always sucks and can always happen, for example your venu and blast grade a 10 but the zard a 9? now since I know you, You’ll be at the point where you’ll feel like you need to keeping buying a mint/worthy enough zard copy and sending it in until it receives a 10. At this point you’ve already invested 1 money, 2 patience, and 3 time.

Now ask yourself, Is it worth it?

2 Likes

LOL am i that easy to figure out… haha

I think I will just keep them sealed, since I have all three PSA 10 already. I just hope the packaging doesn’t end up damaging them over time.

1 Like

XD Good choice! and yes we both have OCD.

1 Like

They look awesome in their original packaging. I say keep them as a sealed set, they cant be re-sealed now can they? Awesome addition btw.

1 Like

I think if you keep them sealed there will be no immediate threat to these cards. I mean when I opened my decks, all cards were mint so as long as you take care of them, you should be fine. If you were to open down the road you can have a safe assumption of at least PSA 8 on the exes there to help with financial stability.

2 Likes

Keep them sealed. Might take some time though if you need to find mint copies for grading.

Pop shouldn’t be only one for Charizard, I do believe @smpratte sold one at ebay and @milhouse should still have his copy? :blush:

1 Like

Keep those badboys sealed, and yeah I have mine.

1 Like

I think my history posting speaks for my opinion on sealed items. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the help :blush:

If you already have mint or graded copies, I would keep them sealed.

Everyone is opening sealed items to grade or post on YouTube. Many of my friends in Japan tell me that these PCG decks are incredibly difficult to find. When they are found, they are sold immediately. Plus the other thing is that the cards might not grade 10s. I am guilty of opening a handful of these decks and one of the Charizards had missing foil. :\

EDIT: Sorry for the rambling post. On a borrowed PC atm.

2 Likes