Google Pokemon Day Poll Results!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypYmuv4Exso

Happy Pokemon Day everyone! The Google Pokemon Of The Year poll results are in as well, and the results were really surprising to me. Ill list them as follows if anyone doesn’t want to watch the video:

1. Gengar
  2. Gardevoir
  3. Rayquaza
  4. Garchomp
  5. Sylveon
  6. Umbreon
  7. Charizard
  8. Mimikyu
  9. Lucario
  10. Greninja

Was certainly not expecting to see a list without Pikachu here, and I even had some hope for Eevee as well to take a top spot, but seeing Greninja take it over Charizard was pretty interesting to see. No love for my boy Cyndaquil as well, but he’s still number 1 in my top 10 list!

Pokemon also listed regional poll results which I would have listed too, but it was too difficult to swipe with the mouse on Pokemons website, so ill just link it below. Typhlosion at least took 4th for Johto so that made me happy:
pokemon2020.pokemon.com/en-us/?cid=&utm_source=fb&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=vg&utm_term=pokemonoftheyear

Anyway happy Pokemon Day and would love to see others thoughts on the top 10!

8 Likes

That’s an unusual and disappointing list. Surely they put Gyarados in the top for at least Kanto, right?

Oh…

5 Likes

@azulryu haha I just went back to check that and Gyarados is not even in the top 30 :open_mouth:

Im not even sure how thats possible, but im happy Cyndaquil made #8 for Johto! but no Azumarill. meh

Lucario right up there where he should be :wink:

3 Likes

1 Like

@raichuforyou I agrre with that one. I never got into gen 4 during release but lots of those pokemon grew on me. I feel Super Smash Bros characters might have influenced this a list a bit too

and lmao @azulryu yeah that was a shock to me too. Pinsir even made that list. Pinsir!!!

1 Like

Put some respek on *PINSIR*'s name

My scratch error Pinsir is very happy about this recognition :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@madden12ut, ugh, im always catching spelling errors. Great at writing and speaking but i always mess up easy things lol.

But alright alright. Ill tip my hat for ol Pinsir today :blush:

1 Like

Damn straight.

8 Likes

Yeeah Gengar

1 Like

Greninja is #notmypokemonoftheyear

11 Likes

That hashtag made me laugh quite a bit haha.

“Venusaur. Venusaur. Wherefore art thou, Venusaur?”

10 Likes

Aww, yeah Venusaur needs more love too! But hey, it got 28 for the top 30 of Kanto so thats still a plus!

1 Like

I am ok with this.

4 Likes

These results are actually quite encouraging for the hobby. Young people are still so solid in the hobby and the newer releases and their characters that polls like these happen as they do. Pokémon is not only nostalgic but fresh. That’s an incredible combination.

6 Likes

Haha this made me laugh out loud! :laughing:

2 Likes

Heyyyyyyyyy this is awesome. My Rayquaza not only took 1st place out of my Hoenn region; but he also got 8th overall. I’ll take it! Even though he is arguably the strongest sky dragon :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

PFM had to sign onto 10000 computers to make this happen

6 Likes

More likely, PFM turned his vast Lopunny resources (last I heard he was conducting a Troll and Toad Lopunny set card buyout… #marketmanipulation) toward paying Indian click farms.

4 Likes