Goldin Top 100 auction (G100)

I’m surprised that there are trophies that were sold on Goldin just not too long ago that are back on the market for this auction. And I can’t believe they put those cards with the kid pictures on it as a whole set again :melting_face: it would do so much better separated out.

How do y’all feel about it, we’re there any cards that you were surprised to see?

https://goldin.co/buy/?Auctions=202404-0420-3737-965781de-aec0-478e-b30c-54186773a4c5

Link?

1 Like

2000 Pokemon Japanese Promo World Challenge Secret Super Battle Best in Japan Decisive Battle PSA-Graded Complete Set (3) - Featuring No. 1 Trainer, No. 2 Trainer, No. 3 Trainer Cards

1 Like

Whoever is in charge of the scans needs to be fired for that card order

4 Likes

They did a trio of trophies on the TV show also and they did super poorly so they must have thought, lets try that tactic again

4 Likes

They should hire me as a temp. The technology is out there after all!

What a stunning and unique set. Despite their rarity, each of these cards has one additionaly copy graded by PSA if the registry is correct. An Authentic grade for the No. 1, a PSA 8.5 for the No. 2 and finally a PSA 7 for our No. 3 Trainer. That’s where the PSA story ends.

As for CGC we have:

This one went for $ 137,500 on July 7th, 2023.

There might have been some cross-grading going on, you can never really tell with these high end cards. The main thing I love about these “photo” promos is we practically didn’t know of their existence until a couple of years ago and now we’ve been seeing them more and more in the most high-end of auctions. This also makes me wonder what else is out there.

But for now, let’s just see where this set ends up in comparison to their December 2023 finish of $457,500.

6 Likes

I would never want to own a card like this. Cool that they’re continually coming to light, though.

1 Like

I can’t see this set going as high as the last sale. The only appeal these had was that were one of a kind. Really weird that they made extras of heavily personalized cards.

1 Like

I feel like back in the day before these surfaced it would be great as it’s direct history. But it is quite odd of a card, but that’s 90s for yeah haha