Complete PSA 10 1st ed base set for auction.

goldinauctions.com/mobile/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=38237

I know I’ve never seen a complete set go up for sale or auction. I haven’t seen any posts on the forum about this auction yet so I figured I’d put one up since the final sale price will definitely be worth discussing here. Anyone have experience with this site? I’ve never heard of it.

This has been talked about elsewhere, probably in the Giant Auction thread. I think it’s the same exact set that sold for over $100k a few months back. Not sure if it’s relisted or the buyer attempting to turn a profit on it. I wonder how high is the reserve.

2 Likes

$46k with 8 hours left??? I might need to take out a loan…

2 Likes

Still unsure why they went with Goldin auctions. Heritage, PWCC or letting it sit on ebay are all better avenues. Curious to see how it ends. Not sure if this is a quick flip attempt of the previous set or what.

2 Likes

l
I was thinking the same thing. With a large very expensive set like this the more exposure the better. Also I meant to post this in price and market discussion not buy/trade in case a mod wants to move it. Thanks!

Moved for you @chopkins1994

1 Like

Have any of you done a cost breakdown on PSA 10s to see what it’d cost to put together a set like this individually? Even with Charizard being valued at 15-20k, 100k seems like a lot but I’m probably wrong :stuck_out_tongue: Amazing to see them all in one place though, I can’t think of another time I’ve seen a set for sale all in 10.

Less than 2 hours left and the price hasn’t moved.
But, there is a reserve on it.

Bids at $67,000 now and reserve has been passed. Seems like a low reserve if this was the set that sold for $100k. It would take someone in very dire needs to take a $30k loss.

1 Like

Good luck finding a Zard for $15k. lol $20k is pretty much rock bottom value.

The Holos alone are probably $65-75k. Add probably another $15-20k on non holos and you get a rough idea. A complete set like this in the $100k range is actually a good buy.

I also wonder why they chose that site. I’m not saying it doesn’t look like a legit place for selling valuable cards, but ebay is a no brainer IMO and I think fees are capped at $750? I probably wouldn’t risk an auction with pwcc on this kind of lot where you can ‘lose’ $10-20k if it underperforms.

1 Like

I’d like to do a cost breakdown. But honestly these are so rare I can see the entire set bringing a good premium. I know it takes people years to complete this set even if money is no issue due to scarcity.

Exactly. I did a rough guesstimate in the post above. The values vary a lot and there’s quite a few chase/scarce cards that bring a lot of money. I averaged every non holo at $200-250 though that’s probably a little low. Same for the holos, I calculated the big cards but I averaged everything else at $2k per. I would not want a penny less than $100,000 for this and that’s probably just the current value of the set. Someone patient might get $125,000 or so if they let it sit on ebay for a month or two.

1 Like

Yeah you’re right once you start to add in the other really expensive holos like Mewtwo and Blastoise, the dollar amount gets up there.
You also have to factor in the fact that anyone dropping 100k+ on this would probably rather pay a slight premium (if there ends up being one) to get the entire set in one shot and not have to scour the internet. I hadn’t considered the target audience.

There has been some private activity for 2 sets at 120k each. As already mentioned, piecing this set together is a lifetime goal. Only 30 minutes left!

1 Like

$132,050 is my guess for the sold price.

Cheers Scott, most of us don’t have access to that data. $120k doesn’t seem too crazy.

I say this goes for $111,000 + buyer’s premium.

Edit: Whoa… maybe not. 20-22.75% premium. :open_mouth:

It also says that bids above $100,000 are in $10,000 increments. Are you kidding me?

I’ll go with around $110,000 for final sold price… :stuck_out_tongue:

$100,000 let’s go!

I just watched it count down to 0 seconds and then went back up to 15 minutes?

If someone bids within the last 15 minutes, they’ll extend the auction 15 minutes - until nobody else bids.

This eliminates those “snipes” that are common on eBay

2 Likes