New Goldin Auction - Full Academy Art Set, Ishihara gx

My god… Notable items I saw:

1. Full graded Art Academy set
  2. Mega Battle Trophy - Squirtle
  3. No 3 TMB PSA 7.5
  4. Reverse Base Set 2 PSA 10 Charizard signed by Arita
  5. Ishihara gx
  6. Graded Golden Pika

Is this the first time we have seen a full graded art academy set? Each of those pieces could be the centerpiece in 99.9999% of people’s collections. Very excited for this one. Fourth plz take down if this is against the rules :heart_eyes:.

17 Likes

Nice, I love the pics.

Pity it’s on Goldin though, I cbf getting my bid limit increased

Oh my.

Yeah that’s cool but have you seen this

1 Like

Its not the first time we have seen big graded Art Academy sets, but I do belive its the first time we see a lot of them for sale at once. Im excited to see if it actually pays of, I would assume it would make more if it sold 1 by 1, but its a great chance to a big part of the set in one swop

Probably a fresh batch of extra AA cards. Especially considering the certs are new and sequential.

4 Likes

It’ll be fun to see what happens to that LC Zord.

Some great cards (especially eying the trophy) but still don’t understand why we reward the auction houses 20% buyer’s premium for being a glorified middleman. It’s such a turnoff to think about spending $$ on a card and then throwing 20% + 8.25% sales tax on top of it. The Auction House way feels so antiquated.

incoming “this is how auction houses are!” - I like disruption

1 Like

Those are rookie numbers…25% import tax + toll fees double charged just for the heck of it over here.

2 Likes

Complete English AA set all in PSA 9 has been on eBay a bit. $250k obo though.

2 Likes

Who tf grades a gold Pika…

12 Likes

I wouldn’t mind subgrades on the pikachu. I’m curious what makes it a 5.

If only the Gourgeist was in that AA set

Gold is very soft. Bend(s)/ding(s) I’d be quite sure. Could be a rough curled/bent corner.

Is this part of that charity auction?

1 Like

Ginza Tanaka put a star shaped stamp on the back, bottom right corner of each card. Which PSA treats as an indent.

3 Likes

Honestly one of the most stacked blocks that I’ve ever seen. I agree that its a shame its going through and auction house, but such is life. Time to create Sherb’s Shwanky Auction house that only charges 5%.

1 Like

If anyone wins the Art Academy set and for some reason wants to break it up contact me about the Ashley one ty

Tons of other sick stuff scroll through the whole block I recommend it. Get past the Base junk and there’s like a Ring, Pearl, Orb, some of the better Gold Stars, etc

4 Likes

Except that you keep the 20% in mind before you bid and you pay the same amount you would have if it wasn’t on an auction house?

2 Likes

I agree, but as long as people use it, the standard will remain.

3 Likes