Gold star dogs

Hi I’m not sure if there is a thread on it already but I was wondering about the prices of the 3 dogs. I have heard the story of the guy in Holland having stacks of these cards somehow and would like to know more. By your experience have they fluctuated much over the past 6 months? I’m tempted to pick them up but not sure what’s a decent price ATM.
Thanks

Welcome to the forums, I would definitely suggest starting here with this thread. The origin date on this is back in 2015 and its been revived and updated with new things a good amount over the past few years.

To your point on when or if they will have a price jump, they are still selling in mint sets, I fear the price will never change. Its an anomaly that should never have happened, and that large amount of cards should never have hit the secondary market in pristine condition. At the best I would say only 10% of that large stock should have ever hit the secondary market in my opinion. The rest would have been normally handled and never been given a high PSA rating.

www.elitefourum.com/t/mystery-of-the-entei-suicune-and-raikou-goldstars/13863/1

Thanks il have a read through that after work. I’m undecided whether to pick them up. I’m going to watch the few he has up for auction and the set he has to bin. Suppose if I pick up any for say £30 Ish it’s not a great amount for gold stars. Nice to go in a collection and I know they won’t go up in value much if any but then again they can’t drop too much lower.

Don’t get me wrong, they are beautiful cards and its a complete shame this happened. If it was normal release, they be way up there with the top dogs, pun intended. From what I have heard with the sets he sells, they are all mint condition and they grade well. They are still part of the gold star sets and a great starting point for anyone looking to collect the set. He also sells the few graded and that can take out a great deal of time and stress, however to each their own.

Yeah it is a shame. Now I know that the allure of them doesn’t seem as great but may still pick them up, as you say it’s a starting point. Hopefully the same situation does not arise with any others.

1 Like

he continuously lists a set of 3 for auction and a set of 3 psa 9 for 90$ each. it’s really disgusting

1 Like

Don’t touch those dogs (or that seller) with a 10-foot pole.

2 Likes

I still wanna know he ended up with the psa 10 Dragonite error. :confused:

1 Like

I don’t know, but I have the prestigious psa 4!!! Dragonite error :sunglasses:

1 Like

Does anyone know of any prices the psa 9’s have gone for before?

dogs in 9s used to be $75-150 each. With 10s being about $200 & $300+ for suicune before this stash entered the markets. This was about 2+ years ago. Prices on all the gold stars have gone up but these haven’t seemed to recover.

1 Like

For the dogs or for the Dark Dragonite error?

both really but yeah, do you know of what any dragonite psa 9 holo errors have sold for?

Ive been trying to look, I also posted a question a couple of days ago but no one responded :confused:

Hmm I’m really intrigued now. I wonder what offers he will have on the 10 grade.

I wouldn’t make an offer, especially after what he has done to some members here.

Did his dragonite sell?

Doubt it, it might have ended. I don’t care how much he’s selling it for, he ain’t getting shit from me :wink: .

2 Likes