gold star dogs pop

I know there was some shady business regarding the gold star dogs but why isn’t the rest of the unseen forces pop report flooded? Is investing in stuff from this set dumb because who knows what is being hoarded?

Investing in cardboard period is dumb

3 Likes

I dont have anything invested in unseen forces and probably wont be doing any investing in that set it is just curious why only the dogs were pumped into the pop, lugia ex is just as valuable and worth grading

1 Like

The rest of the unseen forces pop report wasn’t flooded because he who shall not be named only obtained large amounts of the gold star dogs. Nobody bothered smuggling out unseen forces EX’s out of the factory. So the only thing that was distributed illegaly were the gold stars, not packs or anything.

At least as far as I’m aware.

Then again you never know who has what lying around, maybe he did get whole sets and just never bothered to show it.

3 Likes

my understanding was that the boxes were stolen not just cards. If it was just cards I could see it being more simple

I am almost definitely certain it was exclusively cards, not boxes. If he had acquired roughly 5,000 boxes which would be required for the amount of gold stars he had unseen forces packs wouldn’t be $200 each.

2 Likes

www.elitefourum.com/t/mystery-of-the-entei-suicune-and-raikou-goldstars/13863/1

He Who Shall Not Be Named is a fictional character in the Harry Potter books.
But CardHouse.EU is the one that should be named for shilling his own auctions and offloading the big stack of Doggy Goldstars.

5 Likes

But he would’ve had to open the 5000 boxes worth of packs, so I don’t see how that would have any effect on the value of sealed packs? Regardless, based on what I know, I agree that it was most likely just the raw gold stars. If it was boxes, then I think we would see evidence of an impact on the value of other cards in the set besides the gold stars. But the exs, reverse holos, holos, etc. are all pretty much in line with other sets. If the guy who smuggled out the gold stars also smuggled out other cards, I don’t understand how those other cards wouldn’t have already hit the market at this point.

1 Like

Oh haha you’re right, was more thinking along the lines if he had gotten boxes/packs he would most likely have sold them as is, devaluing the packs and then also the gold star dog prices as people open them over the years. My bad!

1 Like