Global Shipping Program - buyer not received item query

Bit of a strange one.

I sold an item on eBay under the GSP on 25th July, sent it on the 26th or 27th and on the 1st August I receive notification that the buyer has opened up a case against me for an item not received.

Now, if we ignore how strange it is that he would open up a case so soon after buying an item without even messaging me first, tracking shows that the item was actually delivered on July 30th (I can’t even guess if it was at his address or elsewhere).

My question is since this was on the GSP’s end, does that wash my hands of potentially having to refund this guy? GSP of course received and accepted my item, so I’ve done my bit right and it is surely an issue between the buyer and GSP? Or not?

I always breathe a sigh of relief when a buyer opens up an INR case, because if you have tracking and delivery confirmation eBay tend to side in favour of the seller. You should be fine, you only needed confirmation that it was received by the GSP depot which you have. After that, delivery is on them. My biggest fear is that a buyer could open up item not as described case and decide to send an empty box back in the post, at which point as the seller you’re pretty much screwed. But then that’s the risk you have to take on as a seller and be mindful of the value of your items. Anyway that’s a tangent, you should be fine.

1 Like