ebay GSP question

so I just sold my first item via ebay GSP, the buyer paid and the ship to address is a KY shipping center not the destination country. Is this normal? The buyer is brand new to ebay with 0 feedback registered today (likely either a scam or someone who made an account just to buy my item lol) but he paid right away so I dont see any real issues.

Yes, this is exactly how it works. You send it to the eBay facility in KY and they send it the rest of the way. It will always look like this. :blush:

3 Likes

thanks! Nice and easy compared to shipping international via paypal

So I just pay to have it shipped to KY? Not the 75$ to get it to the netherlands?

You’ll also get an automated email from eBay when it reaches their facility, so there’s built in delivery receipt.

2 Likes

Exactly correct. Your buyer is paying for it entirely themselves straight to eBay.

All you have to do is mail it to Kentucky with the reference number. It’s as amazing as it sounds.

1 Like

You send to the Ebay Gsp center in your respective country, they receive it, check, pack and ship to the buyer. If there is an issue with delivery it is on ebay and they will take responsibility(loss or damage not item not as described etc) You will also receive multiple messages to say item arrived with them and item delivered to buyer. It is pretty good but the price deters people(although I have done some comparisons and it is about right, the tax is frustrating but ebay are just adding what youd pay when getting hit anyways)

3 Likes

definitely worth the fees to save the hassle

2 Likes

All correct except for this part:

They don’t check the item and don’t take responsibility for INAD cases.

2 Likes

its ok I insured it via 3rd party anyway. Probably have wasted thousands doing this but one day itll save me

Insurance isn’t going to help with a INAD case, either. And yeah, I hear you…I never purchase insurance. Even though I once had a $1k card lost in transit that I footed the cost for, I’ve probably saved more than that from not buying insurance all these years lol.

1 Like

INAD is just standard ebay(/all of trading card sale) risks I guess

1 Like

I said they take responsibility for damage or loss at the gsp depot and delivery and do not for INAD. They do open and repack the item if necessary.

its all good it was graded and ebay is starting to stand by graded cards now in INAD

It’s as amazing as it sounds, until someone asks for a refund. I like GSP, but I’ve been turned off of it recently. Had a case where I didn’t notice my v600 scanner didn’t scan the nose of a 1st edition jungle pikachu. Buyer thought it was a no nose error PSA card, they got the item, and it obviously had a nose so they asked for a return. At that point, I thought it would be the normal ebay practices of I purchase a return label and move on. But, because it was GSP, they told me they can’t sell me a label through ebay. I got the run around for 2 weeks of Ebay telling me to buy a label for someone in a different country, the buyer not wanting to give me their paypal because it was personal information, ebay telling me they can’t tell the buyer to give me their paypal, and on top of it all ebay was holding all my sales the entire time. I think I went through 7 ebay reps as well with no one being able to help me fix the issue. It was frustrating.

It blew my mind that ebay didn’t have a solution for a return for a program they promote. Both myself and the buyer kept telling ebay that this couldn’t be the first return ever for the GSP program.

@crypto — Well that’s terrible. Geez.

1 Like

Do you have the dust removal setting on? This will cause many scans to be missing stuff like dots on i and pupils on different characters or maybe even a nose.

I’ll have to check! I’ll be honest, the scanner was brand new to me so I didn’t have a ton of knowledge about it. I followed the recommended settings from the forums here to set it up, and that was about it.

Yeah, just recently bought PSA cards and Sun&Moon ETB through Ebay GSP. Worked a treat, went to KY like you said and got it in a great time scale due to the import charges being covered alongside shipping. Solid to use.