Generations booster box?

wouldn’t the box stink? also i’m sure the cardboard wouldn’t look new anymore

Hello folks

I have one of these boxes myself and I have been trying to find more information about this box. I believe that these were a gift to the employees rather than a failed prototype. I took a trip to the Pokemon offices in London and they denied there were any special boxes produced/printed for employees.

Is that a challenge?

I remember when Generations came out and a very small amount of these white boxes were circulating with generations packs inside. Someone told me they were gifted to some employees (maybe USA offices?) who then were giving them away/selling to people. There was really no reason to fake them when they first came out given it would have been very cheap to get packs still. There is probably no “official documentation” stating the authenticity of this item, but I’d be willing to bet if you opened the box, there would be legit Generations packs in there and it wouldn’t be fake. Even people that make fake “modern” boxes (Hidden Fates for example) literally just make up their own images from the set and print them on the box… The fakers never leave a plain white box lol