Walmart Mystery Power Box Success

I recently got one of the random mystery boxes given to me as a gift and was quite surprised at what came inside!

imgur.com/a/LQSRG

I always kind of assumed that these weren’t really going to contain anything.

2 Likes

The first one I ever bought had a 1st edition Team Rocket pack in it. I opened it and got a Holo as well! Of course my expectations were thrown off and I wasted money on 4 more before calling it quits…

That’s amazing! I’m a little curious of how it works, like where are these old WotC packs coming from.

I don’t understand why they raised the price on these $10 dollars only to include the exact same contents. Does the box still state the chances that you may receive a vintage pack? I swear I remember it only saying “randomly inserted” on these current boxes instead of the 1:25 like it used to be, whatever it was, can’t recall.

Congrats on winning the mystery power box lotto! These suck more and more with every revamp. :confused:

3 Likes

Dang so miracles can happen!

I’ve been meaning to ask, and it may be a naive question, but where exactly do the vintage packs come from? Cant be re-printed?

Whichever company makes these “Mystery Boxes” probably started-out with a small hoard of the WotC-Era Packs - and/or had a contact to purchase them in vast quantity I’d imagine.

And just think about it… Let’s say that the odds are spot-on: ONE WotC-Era Pack in 1:25 Boxes. With each of these boxes selling for roughly $10.00; they’re selling $250.00 worth of boxes - and only one of those 25 boxes will actually contain a WotC-Era Pack! They could literally still make money off this business buying booster boxes at today’s eBay Prices!

I think the Fairfield company/MJ Holding have both been around since the early Pokemon days. I’ve seen MJ Holding packs as far back as Gym Heroes iirc.

As a kid I would love to buy those cheaper blisters that had 2-4 packs each and were in the tight plastic that you could never get off lol.

The boxes are $35 not $10.

My friend pulled a neo pack also, told them to keep it sealed. Opened it and pulled a non holo.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen on Youtube these are now just repacks of EX/GX boxes. All packs are like the EX/GX boxes, the promo they got in it is and so is the pin. So just repack of damaged/returned product. Better to go on eBay for those sealed ‘vintage’ packs, probably cheaper and probably also weighted packs =p