Funny Story

So I was determined to get a cool, rare cars today. I was looking at a bgs 9 shadowless zard and also a grand party psa 10 card. When I got outbid for the zard, I turned my attention to the double black star grand party. Won it at a fantastic price of $557. When I go to pay, I realize that the other buyee from the zard, retractes their bid and I had actually won the zard too. I wasn’t exactly planning on spending this much tonight but I can’t help but laugh because I did it to myself lol
Yall have any funny stories?

Haha!

7 Likes

yeah man. after a few beers i stupidly go on ebay and buy cards. i mainly get boosters so sometimes ill get to checkout and then press back to make sure i have the right paypal in and then go buy. ebay sees that as twO transactions so i get charged for two and two arrive. have doubles of so many things now. hats cards t shirts haha.

3 Likes

Something similar happened to me last night due to PWCC auctions ending so closely together. Had a low bid on the PSA 10 Legend Maker Golem and put in a high bid on the PSA 10 reverse copy. FIgured if I was gonna get one of them, I’d like to have the reverse since it has the set logo and the gold text. I’m watching the regular holo and it’s at a really low price, so low I figured I’d regret it if I didn’t up my bid just a bit. Usually with these situations the cards get sniped right out from under me so I was hoping I’d get away with at least one of them. Ended up getting them both. Definitely not what I expected, but I can’t complain!

3 Likes

I once bought a 2,500.00 entree into a Texas hold ‘em tournament and when I showed up it was a blackjack tournament😮

5 Likes

I’ll take blackjack over texas hold em any day!

1 Like

I once put a sniper bid in on a 1st Ed Blaine’s Charizard. Only problem was I didn’t look carefully and the card was Unlimited (unfortunately not corrected!) Obviously my max bid was way too high, but thankfully I didn’t end up overpaying.