FPO - For Position Only Cards Official Guide

The only thing about PSA graded ones is that they aren’t labelled correctly…

Yep, and they graded FPO for just a month or 2,

I think there are around 5 psa 10 mislabelled charizard and a couple of 9s. Not sure about the other FPOs tho

2 Likes

I assume most of you have already noticed this. But since it’s not mentioned in the old guides nor this topic, I’ll leave this picture here:

As you can see, normal ones doesn’t have the ‘PokéPower:’ text before the name. Also the effects are written slightly differently.

9 Likes

Quality content. Thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

Here we go guys
TCA opened his last 10cards booster pack!
I will update the stats asap

5 Likes

I understand that PSA no longer grades them, however I’ve also seen them in slabs with a green label and no grade. Do they still offer just encapsulation of the cards?

1 Like

Ludkins recently told me PSA rejected to slab FPO even in green

I’ve got 4 that I need to custom encapsulate so that’s a bummer. I wonder if they’ll change their mind in the future. In the meanwhile I’m going to have to work out how to store them.

Why though? They’ll slab cards from your kid’s sports teams in green but not this one?

I recently submitted the FPO Charizard 3 times along with other square cuts/matchprints. Prior to sending them in, I knew they weren’t going to grade any of them but it was worth a shot.

1st time: Grading - Rejected because it’s a test card and/or not officially recognized? Okay understood!
2nd time: Custom encapsulation (Green label) - Rejected because it’s an official Pokemon Trading Card and thus CANNOT be custom encapsulated. Also because it’s an official Pokemon Trading Card I must send it in for GRADING (PSA’s own words over the phone).
3rd time: Grading - Rejected because it’s a test card and/or not officially recognized? Quit playing with my emotions! :slightly_frowning_face:

The money spent on shipping makes me cry.

4 Likes

Oh no. Sending mine back and forth from Australia would cost a fortune! I should just tell them to put it in some plastic goddamn it!

Beckett might do a custom encapsulation, could be worth a try!

Super long story short.

I tried to get my ones officially graded. Contacted PSA prior to sending them in and was given the green light [with actual photos and details of the cards]. Cards were sent in and made it past the grading process to the encapsulation state. They got put in cases and then were waiting to be signed off before being shipped back to me. Head graded stepped in at this point and stripped the grades off of them and demanded they not be graded. I complained and had multiple emails and phone calls to sort the issue out.

PSA agreed that I had done everything correct, and as a once off they offered to encapsulate them in green labels [was what I originally tried to do when I emailed them back in the day] for me so long as I paid the $5 encap. fee per card.

On a side note, I asked and was told my grades before they were stripped

Arbok - Mint 9
Ampharos - Mint 9
Alakazam - Gem Mint 10
Blastoise - Gem Mint 10
Charizard - Mint 9
Clefairy - Mint 9
Dugtrio - Gem Mint 10

5 Likes

I’ve tried asking in the past and was told no. Can try asking again, but i’m sure they will say the same thing :slightly_frowning_face:

So happy I managed to get mine in a authenticated case then!! I don’t think they would do that again!

What grade did you get? Pics?

It doesn’t necessary have to have a grade. I got three Beckett authenticated cards, of which only one is graded. Here are two of them as example (first one graded 10; other one only authenticated):

EDIT: Hmm, that 10 might not be the actual grade, because this card also has the “Beckett 10 Autograph”, but is graded 8.5. Anyone know where the 10 stands for then?.. :confounded:

Greetz,
Quuador

grade of the autograph :stuck_out_tongue:^

2 Likes

No grade just authentication like Quuador mentioned. Pic below :blush:

5 Likes

So sexy! ^

1 Like