Is PSA Grading FPO cards again???!!!

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Card-For-Position-Only-FPO-Charizard-Expedition-Base-39-165-PSA-9-Mint/153224108841?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe they stopped grading/encapsulating these way before the new style cases came out? Unless this one was graded years ago and recently re-encapulated? Or it slipped by? The cert checks out. Either way, cool stuff.

2 Likes

No, they don’t it has to slip past them. In my humble opinion that fact alone makes that buy out price spot on, in fact it might be underpriced someone might have to shoot that seller an offer over their asking price.

13 Likes

That’s quite a mistake, though. Wish they had slipped up on my FPO submission earlier in the year haha. Anyways, good for the seller, and I’m very interested to see what it goes for.

2 Likes

lucky guy

I can always tell it’s yours by the way the edges of the PSA case scan in. You can’t fool me.

Care to explain exactly how this happened? Did you have to try multiple times?

1 Like

I got it in the second time I sent it out. I also put in a WB inverted error and something else, I can’t remember the other card. I’d rather have gotten the WB error personally, but it was a nice consolation prize.

Pure speculation, but maybe the psa employee saw my WB though, ‘no way this is getting past me,’ then slipped up on the FPO.

3 Likes

Sorry to bump such a old thread but I saw on Instagram on the user pokemoncard_99 that they had two FPO cards graded this month by Beckett. Is this likely to be just another case of them slipping through the net or is Beckett grading these again now?

Serial numbers:

0011843154 (Charizard)

0011843155 (Blastoise)

Also I just looked into the pop report and saw three FPO Charizards and four Blastoise were graded in 2019!

Another thing I wanted to ask do cards with the “Authentic” label not show on Beckett’s pop reports? I have a FPO zard which is labeled Authentic and the one he had graded was labelled the same but neither show on their pop report.

Beckett will grade anything lol

4 Likes

@cullers, Well that sucks, I’m about to send off my inverted WB Dragonite and was crossing my fingers that maybe they started grading them again.

this thread was started back in 2018. There’s way more updates to what happened with the FPO alone. One of the reasons the link is dead is because eBay removed it and now the current listing doesn’t have PSA in the title.

With that said PSA still doesn’t grade WB inverted, I’ve even asked a very high up about getting this changed and was informed there’s nothing that can be done. If you want a WB inverted you got to slip it past them.