For Fun - Purchased Vintage Fake Pokemon Booster Packs

Hi there I wanted to share this with everyone. Earlier this week, I found a store where the owner claimed she has been selling things for over 40 years. She had a number of Pokemon TCG and videogame items. She had both genuine and fake Pokemon items but what I found fascinating were these fake vintage Pokemon packs! I wanted to share these photos with you.

Have to say that that Gym Challenge one is not bad…apart from the end crimps. It’s only when I compared it to a genuine pack that you can see the font different and clarity of the images (EXPERT LEVEL) on the back.

The packs didn’t cost much and it was also kinda fun to rip one up (not pictured here…there was EX Dragon Frontiers) the actual card too to compare and confirm it didn’t have the black inner line.

CHECK OUT that 2nd Edition Team Rocket!

3 Likes

I’m more than a little upset that rainbow 2nd Ed Rocket set isn’t legit

1 Like

tbh, garbage. I don’t support replicas in any measure. Buying them (even as a joke) supports the people who are making them.

1 Like

That gym challenge looks like a genuine pack that has been resealed based on the crimp marks. I don’t buy sealed product but that bottom secondary crimp is what I usually see when people post these fakes.

Hahaha if these were printed back in the day, they are a fun addition to the collection, I do buy vintage fakes to add some diversity and the hunt is also fun. If these were produced recently by her I won’t be buying cos yeah it promotes them, but still nice purchase