Fake ex Team Rocket Returns booster packs

Hello,

I would like to know if there exist fake english ex Team Rocket Returns booster packs (or at least fake cards from this series).

Because I bought 18 packs at a fair price yesterday:

The seller also sold english ex Deoxys, ex Delta Species and ex Legend Maker booster packs at a fair price (but as a french guy, I was not interested to buy them).

The booster packs seem to be legit: the packaging seem to be long, not cheap and at a good scale (picture on false booster packs are often a bit reduced).

But I saw that few days ago, the seller sold a false booster box:

Althought the pokeballs on the packaging, it is clairly a fake booster box.

So now I am in doubt about the ex Team Rocket Returns packs that I bought, and I think I made a mistake…

Thanks.

2 Likes

Damn, I did not pay so much attention to the fact that the booster packs were shipped from Taiwan…

But do someone already see fake ex Team Rocket Returns booster packs?

EDIT: Okay, thanks :slightly_frowning_face:

Got to say these fakes are getting more and more convincing, not really the cards but definitely the packaging is getting closer to the real deal, with an untrained eye pretty easy to be conned, not that that’s ever happened to me… ;D

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! It makes sense people are making or selling fakes with the increased demand for sealed product. Unfortunate you and other members had to have this experience.

Yes, but we are talking about relatively old booster packs.

Do you think that there are new fake booster packs from old series?

I honestly am not sure. I remember that one australian scammer was making sets from a few years ago. He got a couple people with $30 “booster boxes”.

Not sure where this individual you linked or others are getting their fake cards. I don’t know if they are currently being produced, or if this is old stock. Perhaps someone who is more into the sealed market would have more knowledge. I would assume China, Taiwan or somewhere that doesn’t respect copyright is producing these boxes. However, this is just speculation on my part.

1 Like

If you are asking have these fakes been produced recently and after the actual printing of the official cards, then I reckon so, yes.

I mean it makes sense if counterfeiters can make one big sale and then never be heard from again. Pokemon is a big target, rare, unopened, good value boosters boxes are hard to come by, so when someone finds one they are usually snapped up quickly.

Therefore usual checking of seller and stock is less important so this presents an opportunity to counterfeiters to make quick cash!

I hope my point makes sense lol! :grin:

Shady bastards. Only option is to crack one open

1 Like