Fake 1st Edition Chinese Base Set Cards - A Curiosity

Hi Everyone!

I opened what it felt like a fake 1st Ed Base Set Chinese Pack…and…it was indeed fake. A fake Chinese product, copied from a Chinese Market Product…Whatttttt?:thinking:

Yeah so here is the result, I thought some might like it:

The extremely rare holo Ditto:

app.box.com/s/54hxvsajhzsp8u6t7ixiza6f3xgse92g

app.box.com/s/y6y72x0k0xtfuotxav7ub74hw6losz85

2 Likes

How did you determine they were fake? Where did you get the pack from?

The cards are visible fake, quality, cut, transparency on light and of course, a holo Ditto.

The packs are very very close to the real thing. The cards dance inside, so the pack is bigger, there is also more saturation of colours on the packs. The flaps are also weird and the smell is different.

The fonts of the letters seem quite similar to the OG.

Got them from Germany, from a guy where I got the fake 1st Ed Gym Heroes and fake Jungle Boosters. I am on the process of returning all of these at the moment. Slowly because the guy doesn’t have all the money so he is refunding bit by bit, however each bit is hundred of €€

lol @ the holo ditto diglett. That made my day. I think it looks kind of cool.

Sorry about your loss. Did you buy this online recently? I hope you get your money back.

It is actually a Ditto transformed into a Diglett xD

Sometimes my brain farts heavy ahahah

Yeah, I got them online, already have the Paypal Claim going and the eBay one as well… I hope it is just a matter of time.

If anyone is interested I can take better pictures of the boosters so people are aware of them.

1 Like

Hope you get money back. Pictures of the boosters would be good.

Those packs looked dodgy as hell when you sent me pics.

Sad to see someone is faking these…never seen them in China before. Can we track down the source?

Getting your money back hopefully?

Money is slowly coming back, already got 2/3 of the refund on all the packs I got from the seller. :blush:

I believe these packs were faked long ago. The guy truly seems he didn’t know and he tells me he got them from a die cast model shop. They come from Germany.
The packs also have wear, so they definitely have some years on them

If you happened to get a Pikachu send me a PM :wink:

For research purposes here are the fake Chinese boosters:

app.box.com/s/5109751l6vdydzdsxztr8tgr4k7qktt3