Confirmed fake - 1st edition Base Charizard

Speaking to a seller who has 2 1st ed base set charizard and the cards just appear off to me.

Particularly the back with the red on pokeball being much more orange than cards I have in person.

Whats your opinions?

Total fake you can tell by holo pattern

5 Likes

Thought so much, ty for confirming.

Yep, also the golden bar with the physical attributes (below the artwork) should not be shiny, which it is.

1 Like

I guess you could say this scammer was foiled by his own foil. Mind sharing the name so we can stay clear of him?

1 Like

Ebay username: eyercame

Oof those are terrible. Definitely fake.

Some of the better fakes Iā€™ve seen before. With the correct holofoil print, I can see this going from ā€œabsolutely fakeā€ to ā€œsomething seems off,ā€ which is sadly enough to attract some buyers.

It is frightening how accurate these look in the photos. If there was no light reflecting it may be really hard to tell.

Another scamming Aussieā€¦hihi.

Cheers!

Not all Aussies are bad :wink:

1 Like

I donā€™t know. Italy and Aussiesā€¦lol

From the land of british convicts.

Lol

3 Likes

Because Americans are so innocent haha :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Particularly noticeable that the one on the right seems to have a ink running down in the second attack on the letter ā€˜dā€™

For me the foil border about the Pokemon Power text was enough to doubt the card.

12 Likes

Itā€™s funny, Iā€™ve seen these exact cards before sold to people in Australia originating out of the US.

One poor bloke bought one and wanted to get it graded through me :cold_sweat:

1 Like

1 Like