Miscut 1st Edition Charizard- Fake??

I just saw this on ebay and judging by the pictures I can’t tell whether it is a legit card or not? I haven’t asked any questions towards the seller as of yet.

My initial reaction was legit. Although the picture is pretty bad and the lighting makes the holo look weird, his other auctions are similar.

What do you make of it and is it worth a bid? A miscut Charizard is pretty rare nowadays.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pokemon-Card-Shadowless-1st-Edition-Charizard-Base-Set-4-102-Very-Rare/293050867321?hash=item443b315e79:g:HEwAAOSwuI9ctYyj

I personally would ask for more photos before considering bidding.

Nah terrible fake, move on

That foil looks flat and doesn’t have a star pattern. Look at literally any other base Charizard card and you will see them clear as day.
Ungraded 1st edition base Charizards in 2019 = be very weary.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PSA8-Charizard-1st-Edition-Shadowless-Base-Set-NM-Mint-4-102-First-Pokemon-Card/192883601542?hash=item2ce8c23086:g:1KgAAOSw2idbQ8Sf
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Charizard-Shadowless-1st-Edition-Psa-7-Base-Set/153454366005?hash=item23ba97cd35:g:K6gAAOSwwPtctk1c

Not to question everyone’s judgement but I’m not sure why everyone thinks that card is fake? Just looks like a relatively “meh” camera taking a “meh” photo of a card. I took a (purposely) half-assed picture of one of my Charizards just now and it looks just as flat.

I am sorry to say this, but that’s because your card is also fake.
To cheer you up I would take it off your hands, so you don’t have to look at it anymore.

5 Likes

real charizards don’t have a silver boarder.

3 Likes

These fakes are getting better and better, even add damage to help validify it

1 Like

Can you take a better photo of that card that shows the star pattern? Or does your Charizard not have a star pattern in the holo at all?

What a genuine Zard art should look like:
External Media

It does have the star pattern, it was just the angle/lighting that makes it look flat. (I’m not home anymore.) You can replicate the same thing with any of these cards at the right angle/lack of direct lighting!

Fakes usually look much better.
I’d say it’s legit…but I wouldn’t want it.

2 Likes

Not every photo is going to show a picture of the galaxy foil lighting up.

There are small nuances that most fakes get dead wrong, that this card gets right.
It’s almost certainly legit, although I’d ask for a closeup of the stamp before going forward.

Looks fine to me

1 Like

Looks legit, just bad photo

What’s disgusting is all the purposely fake zards selling on eBay. I’ve seen the full title with the word “clone” or “custom” thrown in and the sad thing is that they ACTUALLY GET BIDS!!! Why would you pay 60+ dollars for fake paper zards???

Oy…

If you don’t know what you’re talking about, just don’t reply.

This site is for ppl to come learn things and give there opinion. Who do u think u are to tell ppl where and what they can and cannot post?

Because this person is asking for advice on whether or not to buy a card and worth it to bid.

And the above quoted person is just wrong.

FYI, many of the 1st ed base / shadowless / unlimited / jungle / fossil HOLO cards have the same holo patterns.

And that holo pattern is sometimes hard to pick up in photos in certain lights / angles.

So telling someone “What a genuine Zard should look like” when the information is just simply not correct, is wrong!

Thanks for the advice though!

U should of told that person this info. Instead of basically implying to them they shouldn’t reply to questions and possibly learn things.

Seller only has 4 feedback and no other items listed. I wouldn’t trust it