Base 2 non holo Charizard

Hey everyone!

It’s been a busy past 12 months, but I am slowly able to spend some more time with pokemon collecting again!

I recently attended a tournament, and an individual approached me about the aforementioned card (pictures attached). I’m well aware the non holo Base 2 Charizard was allegedly only printed in holo form, but after looking at this card in detail, I was quite frankly surprised by the emaculate detail of the card. If this truly is a fake card, then this may be the best Pokemon card forgery I have seen. Font, color, texture, and materials all seem legitimate.

According to the individual, the card was sent to PSA, and they stated that it passed their tests, but they would not place their name on it because Wizards of the Coast denied any such printing?

…just a fake?

s1048.photobucket.com/user/cpbog1/library/Base%202%20Charizard

cpbog1

it does look good, first ive heard of it though.

2 Likes

[quote author="@cpbog1" source="/post/70488/thread" timestamp="144532034.

According to the individual, the card was sent to PSA, and they stated that it passed their tests, but they would not place their name on it because Wizards of the Coast denied any such printing?

…just a fake?

This whole story is untrue. PSA would not run “tests” prior to verification AND there was never one iota of communication between WOTC and PSA so there was no denial of such printing.

The base 2 set was extremely forged overseas. In bulk Japanese orders I occasionally receive base 2 cards that look “real” in a photo but the card stock is not the same quality.

If this was sent to PSA the person should be able to provide the reason it wasn’t graded by PSA. What the individual is claiming doesn’t coincide with the grading process.

1 Like

Lol…you’re so damn diplomatic Scott :wink:

2 Likes

Usually the backs of fakes are a lighter shade, but you put them side by side in the photos and it looks the same as the holo.

I’m fairly new with pokemon so I’m no expert though.

The rule of thumb I find works best wth pokemon is if there’s a question of legitimacy, it’s fake, “errors” are also great to avoid unless well documented as legitimate.

Good to know! Thanks for confirming the processes.