First time psa submission

Hello all just wanted some advice for a first time psa submission. Very nervous about mailing away my cards and if I do it want to make sure I do it correctly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Older video from Gemmint but still very good. What specific questions do you have? I recently startes submitting myself this year after using middlemen since 2017…it really isnt to bad to do on your own!

2 Likes

If you’re asking about how to package it, then PSA has guidelines on their site. Basically, put each card in a soft/penny sleeve, then a semi-rigid holder (i.e. card saver 1). Then sandwich between two pieces of cardboard, and tie some rubber bands around (not too tight). If you have enough cards you can also put them in the box the card savers came in.

As for actually shipping them, then I use FedEx’s fastest option (from overseas). Yes, there is risk with it getting lost, but when it’s only one night’s sleep you don’t have time to worry about it :slight_smile:
If you’re in the US I know some people use Registered Mail through USPS, though I understand that is quite a slow service.

Realistically, very few packages get lost, but it does happen. But if you want your cards graded there’s no other way.

2 Likes

Well said! I’ll have to borrow that line of thinking. :joy:

2 Likes

Rusty (TCAGaming) just put out a video with the current GUI as well).

3 Likes

Thank you for the video I think I’m just specifically worried about shipping my cards Both with packing them and the shipping process.

2 Likes

I’m sure it has been said but if it helps I always recommend using Card Savers as opposed to toploaders, and it can be easier to send a stack of them safely as opposed to just one. A penny sleeve + card saver in a stack wrapped with saran wrap and then bubble wrapped in a box is great! Pick out a sturdy box and grab some “shipping tape”, Scotch in particular guarantees their tape for shipping, as opposed to “packing tape” or duct tape of any kind. Other than that you should be golden. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: Also to add! If you’re shipping anything high value (4 figures and above) I recommend insurance, it’s very inexpensive and covers you in the event that war were declared.

1 Like