Favorite Urban Themed Cards

We recently had Favorite Fall Themed Card , and I thought instead of seasons, or feelings like pfm’s series, why not explore card arts with an urban theme?

I feel like Akira Egawa has a bunch of urban themed cards, so here’s an Arita Batman to start us off. :bat:
dark-marowak-rocket-returns

17 Likes

I’m not sure what it IS about urban themes art and pokemon, perhaps the organic shapes mixed with the rigid form of structures? Not sure… And then aquapolis has many urban cards but lacks the rigid architecture… It’s just a really expansive and adaptable setting.

2 Likes

I’ll add onto the Arita Batman posts!

16 Likes

Beat me to it! This one is such an obvious pick, one of my favorite Arita works to date personally.

3 Likes

Another great modern piece to add to the mix! Lots of detail.

13 Likes

For those Batman aficionados, it would be Man-bat, no? :wink:
VERY cool card as well! I actually forgot about this… Need to revisit the artia binder, I think. :grin:

Yeah. With these responses already tell, this thread is gonna be awesome!
But since I’m over my ‘1 post for the day’, and @joponnes is holding me to it, I’ll have to wait till tomorrow to se more. :laughing:

2 Likes

So true!

Porygon from Vending series.

This just captures the city theme, noir vibe and also looks so similar to the opening animation of Batman the Animated series.

Cheers!

25 Likes

Not actually a fan of the card art but it fits the theme.

7 Likes

Urban may be a bit of a stretch, but given it’s from aquapolis, and “polis” means city-state, I’m gonna count it

9 Likes

8 Likes

I’ve already accomplished my 2023 goal of “roast xileets once” so you’re good to go!

1 Like

McDonald’s Umbreon is probably the best, but Umbreon has a lot of good cards with an Urban setting.

13 Likes

Funny how the first two cards that came to mind were also the first two that were posted (Batman Noivern and Jolteon alt arts). :smiley:

And not necessarily my favorites, but here are all urban-themed Pikachu cards:

And here some more from my FA Supporter/CHR collection:

In terms of urban-themed specifically, the Duraludon Vmax is defintely my favorite.

Greetz,
Quuador

11 Likes

One more that comes to mind is this Jirachi promo, with both a beautiful nightsky and city in the background:

Greetz,
Quuador

9 Likes

19 Likes

16 Likes

This was my first thought when I read urban themed. Idk why it just looks so good

1 Like

From those above the red green Zapdos and the vending Porygon are really really good

9 Likes

imageimageimage

would love to see these reimagined as art rares

6 Likes