Favorite Pokemon Trainer?

What is everyones favorite Pokemon Trainer? Mine personally is Iono, just bought the SAR of her yesterday and I’m so excited to get her in the mail next week. She is a cute streamer and the character is super joyful and interesting personality. I can’t wait to collect more versions of her as they come out. A close second for me would be Marnie and Cynthia.

5 Likes

Cynthia and it’s not particularly close.

Best champion, music, inclusion in game story, and team construction imo

10 Likes

Red standing menecingly on top of a mountain. Other trainers just dont have the same mojo.

6 Likes

This guy right here because of his power of immortality every 10 year old’s dream.

4 Likes

What about steven the chad stone

5 Likes

Dermatologists hate him

1 Like

I’m going to second Cynthia.
Cynthia GIF by Pokémon

4 Likes

Honestly, Steven would probably be #2 for me for many of the same reasons I said for Cynthia. But he’s much closer to 3-5 than Cynthia at #1, personally.

1 Like

Cynthia does have the best battle theme… I’ve always liked Sabrina because she was so mysterious… Zinnia is up there too because of her story and attitude, but…

Because of his interaction in the story in Gold Silver, Lance is one of the most fleshed-out and badass trainers you meet in any game. No emotional or spiritual quandaries. No personal journey of discovery. He just gets the job done and takes no BS!

Also, Lt Surge has been done dirty over the years! Hoping for FA gym leaders in pokemon 151 - Full Art Surge!

4 Likes

Yeah I love zinnia so much, the Pokemon Masters Zinnia theme goes so hard. Also yea Cynthia is a top one for me because of Garchomp

2 Likes

Well, are you ready to lose?

5 Likes

:saluting_face:
Sans titre

5 Likes

Karen no question. Although she never gets to shine in the anime or movies, her conviction and her depictions in other media really solidify her as a wonderful and caring character. Strong and beautiful, wins with her favorites, great cards and multiple full arts. What’s not to like???

(She is kinda goofy in the Adventures manga helping Tram Rocket and all, but we don’t talk about that :wink:)

5 Likes

My perspective is from the Anime side only, with a lot of head cannon, but my vote would go for Cynthia.

In Pokemon journeys it is announced that Cynthia is still the Sinnoh Champion. Which means that she has probably beaten Tobias, who in the anime almost does a Darkrai sweep on Ash’s team and his next Pokemon is Latios. We never get to see his full team. It’s highly likely that after becoming the league champion he goes after the Elite four and eventually Cynthia and got beaten. So, Cynthia is a really high caliber champion.

That or the best trainer from the Pokemon movies:

Cheers!

2 Likes

Erika all the way! I still (shamefully) have never played any game, but as a Grass type of girl she resonates a lot with me. She just has a good vibe. Also I think she has the best looking Pokemon cards in the Gym sets and the best looking FA trainer card ever. The one FA Trainer I actually do regret not getting at release when it was cheap.

6 Likes

Erika, Marnie, Lillie.

Acerola.

1 Like

Blaine purely for nostalgic purposes alone. I think everyone remembers Charizard vs. Magmar.

Also, weird how Blaine in the anime looks absolutely nothing like his in-game sprite:

6 Likes

erika is traditional japanese waifu, W

Mine’s probably Lance. Not because he looks cool or anything. Just because when I first played Gold as a kid I steamrolled everything in the game. Except Lance. The first challenging fight I had, and I love it. First trainer where I felt truly

Close second is Karen because not many trainers do cool Dark type teams (not a fan of Sydney’s team), so I think it’s cool.

4 Likes

Lucy, but I’m mostly biased because she has a Seviper. :wink:

Then again, I also liked how she was one of the few woman in the anime who loved Brock, since it’s usually the other way around with Brock loving every single woman he sees.

Still hoping for a Lucy & Seviper Character Rare (and additional Lucy FA Supporter with minor Seviper cameo :slight_smile: ).

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes