Favorite Japanese-Only Holos

Dark Dragonite Holo from the James Theme Deck does exist in English, but the Japanese version is the only copy with this type of holographic pattern (similar to that on the Corocoro Shining Mew).

Here is the distinction:

3ddfa67c669a17c952ccffaae41c9e70b692c212_2_372x500
EN_S090HolofoilSpecial-Print.jpg

6 Likes

8 Likes

ah yes Haradarachi, another correct answer in the thread :pray:

2 Likes

Just re-discovered this card the other day. Such a shame N.Am never got one.

I could have definitely seen it in a english tin back in the day!

2 Likes

A cool set is these alt art lv.x promos;

11 Likes

One of the best/ most Underated cards dver made imo.

1 Like

For sure, it’s my favourite modern Mew card I’ve seen yet. No regrets picking it up.

These 2002 “Starter Triple Get Campaign: Red Green Course” & “Starter Triple Get
Campaign: Gold Silver Course” Promos from the Japanese P Promotional cards:

These are still exclusive, right?

Also not technically a Holo, but so much more than a non-Holo is this 2004 gem:

https://imgur.com/4tLVGL8

15 Likes

This thread is just making me even more aghast that there are people out there that prefer galaxy to cosmos holofoil. These people walk among us. Some are probably reading this post right now. I see you…

A lot of my choices have already been posted. I’ll go with this beauty…

MoltresVendingS2

6 Likes

threads like these are bad for my wallet. mods, please take this down. thx.

3 Likes

this thread is my buylist. also, this isn’t my card but probably my fav mewtwo card

4 Likes

Most of my favs have already been posted so I’ll share some other great ones.

20120707013236!ZapdosVendingS2
I absolutely adore this depiction of Zapdos: the darker-coloured beak and power plant imagery in the card’s background. Reminds me of when I caught it for the first time as a kid after being un-grounded and getting my Gameboy back.

Beautiful colour composition and love the detail with Entei’s mane.

5 Likes

I couldn’t appreciate this card fully until I held it in my hand for the first time. What a wave of nostalgia.

OG

4 Likes

yep

For some reason, i always master balled Zapdos as a kid. I thought it was the most difficult pokemon to catch lol

They’re regularly on eBay. You can type in something like “Pokemon Japanese 10th Anniversary Collection” and different listings will pop up.

1 Like