Favorite Japanese-Only Holos

English did us dirty over the years. What did we get that Japanese did not, Special Delivery cards?

3 Likes

Those cards look so good in their holo form and absolutely unremarkable in non holo. Still need to pick up the Umbreon and Espeon. Karen’s Umbreon is definitely my favorite Japanese only holo though.

2 Likes

Don’t forget Dark Sylveon V and Lance’s Charizard promos to make up for the fact we never got the VS set or other e series promos/decks.

I have an extra Espeon, I will send you a photo later today

1 Like

11th movie promo. comes with a bunch of awesome jp exclusive holos

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/11th_Movie_Commemoration_Set_(TCG)

7 Likes

10th movie promos have some awesome exclusive holos as well

10 Likes

Oh I’ve seen some of these! I didn’t know they were all holo bordered cards. What a great set, thanks.

2 Likes

while not my personal favorites, i have to give a shout out to the beautiful and unique ex cards at the end of the PLAY promo list

9 Likes

That Scizor’s use of the cosmos holo is the elite of the elite.

1 Like

yeah the Himeo file def hits

Such a precious promo :heart_eyes_cat:

11 Likes

Not Japanese exclusive, but I can respect it nonetheless :rabbit2:

1 Like

How bought this one?

2 Likes

That’s the correct answer :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Didn’t even realize it had an English variant. The Japanese promo collector in me just assumes that basically every Japanese promo is exclusive art lol.

2 Likes

i would share the umbreon, but can’t technically say its only holo in japanese anymore. however, this one is still a rough one for english only collectors

9 Likes

The Celebrations holo pattern on Umbreon is criminal compared to the PLAY Umbreon.

4 Likes

These are exquisite, a real shame we didn’t get it on the english versions:

imageimage

8 Likes

The Harada Jirachi is just :heart_eyes:

LatiasexLatiasHalfDeck11
LatiosexLatiosHalfDeck11

11 Likes

This exists in English though. Bulbapedia says it was a theme deck exclusive.

1 Like