• EX Delta Species
  • EX Legend Maker
  • EX Holon Phantoms
  • EX Crystal Guardians
  • EX Dragon Frontiers
  • EX Power Keepers

0 voters

1 Like

ex Unseen Forces is the best ex set. Change my mind.

TRR or bust

7 Likes

The real question is will this poll differ from Favorite EX-Era Set? My guess is no.

TRR is the top dog.

1 Like

I only picked one, EX Dragon. I can’t spend all the hours it would take to choose a number 2. :smile:

4 Likes

If if didn’t have the legendary beast horde it would be neck and neck with TRR. But with the horde it’s still a respectable 2nd place.

1 Like

Ahhhh I wish I could pick more than 2 options to vote on.

TRR is just the overall best imo with phenomenal set cohesion, stylized artwork, the return of dark Pokemon, nostalgic callbacks to the original Team Rocket set, and arguably the best set of gold stars.

Sandstorm was my second pick because its desert/ruins theme is just so tight. The set also has the best overall regular card artwork across all the EX sets with the iconic e-reader borders. It’s like collecting a mini-Skyridge for a fraction of the price.

Delta Species and Unseen Forces were also sets I wanted to vote for but the above two just take the cake.

2 Likes

That is an unfortunate reality but I don’t hold it against the set. TRR is undoubtedly great too!

TRR
Crystal Guardians
Unseen Forces

:face_vomiting: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
jk. It’s a solid set with honestly, only 1 or 2 bad arts. A+

1 Like

Team rockets return and it’s not even close, I can’t believe aquapolis didn’t win the last one and Shame to the base set nostalgic boomers

It does say favourite set not best…

2 Likes

tough choice for me

holon phantoms for the regular holos (best set of deltas in the era)
unseen forces for the exes
deoxys for the gold stars

1 Like

Dragon Frontiers all the way. I’ve talked about this in length in other threads so to summarize here: the Pokemon, art, themes, and design choices in this set are second to none to me. Delta species is such a great mechanic and I believe its climax was here. Its also the set I have the most history with(CG, DF, and PK are essentially my Base, Jungle, Fossil) so it will always be special to me :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Its tough to pick between the first 3 sets, they remind me so much of the late wotc sets and are themed to perfection. I picked sandstorm last time, so for the lols I’ll pick dragon this time. All 3 are about the same to me

Tbh I only know two of them. TRR and FRLG.

I know people love Rocket Returns but something about it just doesn’t hit for me. I think it’s that all the ex cards are dark type so in my mind they don’t feel as distinct.

That said, I completely understand why people rate it so much. There are some fantastic individual cards and the theme is very strong.

My choices were Unseen Forces and Crystal Guardians, but it was close. The huge caveat with Unseen Forces is the stolen gold stars; they really bring it down imo.

2 Likes

What is the story with the stolen gold stars ? I’m not familiar with a lot of the stuff around the ex era

I’m also curious