Favorite EX era set🥳

Don’t want to derail the thread so this will be my last post on it Mystery of the Entei, Suicune and Raikou Goldstars

3 Likes

I think everyone is aware

dang, kinda surprised dragon frontiers is ranking so low! a great themed set for dragon type enjoyers!

2 Likes

didnt the person @caughtatpoint reply to just say he wasnt aware of the story? then you come in and say everyone is aware? lol

2 Likes

xd mb

This is really difficult haha I love so many ex era sets and for different reasons. I picked Sandstorm but I easily would also choose UF, TRR or HP just as well

This is rivet counting maybe, but if I were to point out one, tiny little problem with Sandstorm it would be the lack of location markers. I think they could’ve done more to try and imbue the set with the personality of the route 111 desert. They went through the work of focusing the set into such a beautiful theme, might as well go the extra mile like they did in the sets released immediately before and after.

I’m going to guess because the ex don’t have those pretty sparkly holo borders.

They are so pretty though :pleading_face:

7 Likes

TRR is overrated. Phenomenal set, but still overrated in the sense that it is in no way, shape or form head and shoulders above the other great EX sets.

My vote goes to Dragon. A legitimate argument can be made that it is the most well-designed set of all-time. Where is @zorloth?

2 Likes

TRR is definitely the most distinctive EX era set; I’ll say that. But 100% agree that Dragon is the GOAT! Dragon had so many timeless cards that it’s insane:

To name just a few. The set is STACKED!

4 Likes

I think Dragon has one of the best booster box designs out there.

8 Likes

Just snagged one on thursday. That box is sex

9 Likes

nice!!!

1 Like

Magneto GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

2 Likes

Literally never gets old! I think there’s really no contest in terms of box design – especially as someone who’s really attached to Latias/Latios lol. EX Deoxys is probably 2nd place for me, but still nowhere near EX Dragon.

(image from Google)

3 Likes

I’d have to go Team Magma vs Team Aqua for my 2nd. Sharpedo being one of my favorite gen 3 pokemon helps a bit :wink:

4 Likes

I like delta species box art a bit, but just because it is metagross. I dont really love how he is flying around though. Seems like he should be heavier even if he is psychic

1 Like

Definitely ex Dragon and ex Deoxys! They supply very good Shedinja content for my binder :eyes:

Unparalleled Excellence

3 Likes

You know it’s a good set when the booster art can tango with the chase card, pure booster opulence. The faded, slightly obscured Harada magnificence through that rich, cloudy foil wrap (kinda reminds me of those lenticular holograms from the 50’s) with peak 2003 design iguana burst logo. I could go on.

5 Likes