Fate of my PSA collection

oof, Maybe I shouldn’t be excited yet. Not worried I didn’t expect the cards back until late this year or next year.

If this was a food company all their food would go bad by not rotating product. FIFO (First in first out) system was made for a reason, and not just in the food industry. If it was a car shop or anywhere else people would cancel orders out of frustration after so much time.

Where PSA benefits is no matter how much you complain or get mad it doesn’t matter. They have your cards hostage. No opportunity to cancel your order. Your bound by their rules.

From what I’m hearing it hasn’t always been like this and use to be a lot easier pre 2020.

If it was like this in the beginning and there was other competent competitor’s grading cards I’m sure PSA would not be the leading grading company.

Just my thoughts and as you know I buy PSA graded cards. But I’m buying the card in mint condition the case it’s in doesn’t matter.

If you happen to grade the exact cards im collecting with CGC I’d buy those too happily :slight_smile:

Scott is me too,

1 Like

The only way this could all make sense if finding out that Stone was given a piece of CGC.

@mcorey777, they actually address that on their website and based on their own statement it is not that they don’t use FIFO, they just don’t make that commitment with the customer in case orders can’t be processed using FIFO. They state the reasons for an order not to be processed using FIFO at the bottom of the following page:

www.psacard.com/communication

These can very well be seen as an excuse rather than actual fact, but some do make sense. I mean, if an order requires more time to process/research that shouldn’t hold back the processing of other orders.

Regarding things being easier pre 2020, I have been grading with them since 2017 and they were always behind schedule on bulk so that particular level has had backlog issues for quite some time. Other service levels did work as expected though.

1 Like

Next time you might want to add a source, since this is a copy paste from @pkmnflyingmaster’s story here: www.elitefourum.com/t/smpratteyoloswagfamcuz/18302/8 (a deserving winner of the Efour 10th Anniversary Funniest Post award).
Pokesynd also left the forum a while ago.

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

Pre-covid PSA is at its usual backlog. Sees a possible pandemic approaching and decides it’s a good time to do a $7.50 bulk special.

A few months later and they are up to their ears in backlog so they decide to raise the bulk price to $10.

Anyone else feel this is ironic?

2 Likes

My bulk special of 105 cards graded exactly 90 total days submitted in May. They don’t seem that backed up to me.

Seems very lucky. My bulk special order shipped June 23rd hasn’t moved past registered stage :stuck_out_tongue:

Main reason why no FIFO is because thought they could charge people to skip the line. That worked 10-20 years ago, but now everybody has the funds to skip the line, so everybody is. While people laughing at BGS having 6-10 months return times, PSA became BGS just because they kept using an outdated and ridiculous system.

1 Like

Mine was sitting in research phase for over 50 days. It went from Grading to shipped in 11.

There was a small window when they first announced their Poke Mania special, that if you got there order there within a week or two of them announcing it your order was processed faster than normal.

Totally agree. They actually released the Quarterly Special not long after acknowledging they had a backlog of 1 million cards, which made very little sense in my opinion. I’m not sure if they thought COVID would cause a decline in submissions and decided to go with that special to adjust for that possibility, but it clearly backfired.

1 Like

44 card June 12 bulk sub has been in grading for about 2 weeks now.

hoping their statement to move to more real time tracking of movement is true.

Awesome! Congrats on the return.I have a bulk submission as well (130 cards) that are on their way (from June).Also WOTC cards with good grades so definitely no complaints

PSA wasting business.

Opportunity for another card grading company to take over.

2 Likes

Guess i need to save up a little longer, have now just over 200 cards to grade with more being added weekly to the pile :slightly_frowning_face:

My fault really for not submitting during the $7.50 special.

Seriously. It can only be a function of incredible mismanagement that PSA is, rather than scaling with demand, actually turning away business. And by scaling with demand I mean actually hiring enough people to process orders within a reasonable time frame. There are countless potential customers who have refrained from submitting to PSA because of the length of the turnaround times.

By the looks of it, PSA is actively seeking new hires. But the pay is abysmal. It looks like they start graders at $30k a year…in SoCal. Super high cost of living – not exactly some rural location in the Midwest. It’s so, so shortsighted to be offering such a low salary. No wonder they aren’t able to keep up with demand. It seems like they should have the cash flow to expand. I mean, they’re effectively being paid 6-8 months in advance of the actual service they’re providing. If they even so much as tentatively committed to reducing turnaround times to 1-2 months, they would see a gigantic influx in submissions. That increase in liquidity should more than enable them to scale. I’m likely simplifying things somewhat, but PSA is clearly not being run competently.

2 Likes

At least you have choices in USA in Europe only PSA middle people to send it to like Ludkins or Graded Gem as far as I can tell. It all looks to confusing to do it myself so I need a dealer as they say

What do you mean by this, “ they’re effectively being paid 6-8 months in advance of the actual service they’re providing”?