Fake Gold Star Charizard?

So after checking around I’m actually confused. This gold star charizard supposedly has the holo in the right places, the black line in between the card and also has passed the light test. But i still feel as if it’s fake. Can the community tell me what’s going on here? Thanks in advance

What makes you think it is a fake? It’s normal to have doubts when handling a valuable card but without any actual signs of it being fake it just sounds like quite common paranoia without any real reason, it looks good to me but i’m sure more experienced gold star experts here can back it up more

7 Likes

Thanks for this response. You’re right. I’m definitely paranoid. It’s actually my first time ever seeing this card before. I definitely don’t want to be the reason someone gets ripped off by buying something thats not authentic, especially for a high value. Thanks again for the quick response, i really appreciate it.

1 Like

Note that the holo on the “Delta” :goldstar: will be flat compared to the cosmos holo on the sets that came before Delta Species.

1 Like

Thanks, i just uploaded another picture. I’ll check out the other card you’re referencing and do a comparison. Thanks for informing me about this.

Anything not WOTC feels fake.

4 Likes

What I mean is, the whole card has a flat holo not just the star.

In contrast, consider the Rayquaza. It has orbs and swirls in the holo. The Charizord and other “delta” Pokemon will be flat in comparison. Maybe that’s why it feels fake

1 Like

I find when it came to the Gold Stars that the card quality for English is pretty piss poor. I still look at my Gyarados and always have to check the boxes to see if its fake and to be honest I don’t think I’ll ever be convinced despite it checking off everything that makes it real. They just look so cheap. So much so to the point that I wouldn’t be surprised if they underwent a different printing process for the regular deltas.

2 Likes

Yessssss this is exactly what was throwing me off… the subtle* flat holo throughout the card giving it a more stiffer sturdier feel. Thanks for this… you nailed my concern. Feels premium. Just never seen anything like it. Thanks a lot so much for this

3 Likes

Thanks for this. Sorry I’m just now seeing your response. The card definitely had me scratching my head. Especially because it came in a bulk pick up. It all seemed strange. I’ve checked it a million times by now and started thinking maybe someone made a dang good fake lol glad i decided to check here. Never knew this site existed. This forum is extremely helpful. Actually better than reddit. Thanks again.

4 Likes