Fair price of a Guaranteed Authentic Shadowless box

What would you guys think? Last one sold publicly on 12/2021 through PWCC for $93,000
Do you think that is still a fair price for the box assuming it is in pristine condition? or would you say it’s worth more/less

That’s a High demand, value item. I would think it should be similar to what sold before, wouldn’t do a lot more bc of dip in some prices, but I wouldn’t do less……PSA 10 zard sold for record price between now and when sold right? Just my 2 cents. Good luck. Awesome item.

1 Like

Sealed vintage has been trading mostly sideways since 2021-12. If you want to be more analytical, maybe you can say that 2021-12 was a local minimum and there has been a ~10% recovery since. Base Edition box has vastly outperformed. I’m not following Shadowless, but I expect it to follow Unlimited.

2 Likes

Nice to see you on here Casey :wave: This is one of those items that, imo, is nearly impossible to give a solid market value, although the PWCC sale helps. They are hard to authenticate, rarely sold, and, relatively speaking, have very low demand for their price point. If the buyer’s plan is to do a box break / pack sale, their expected purchase price is going to be much lower than, say, a sealed box collector that wants a guaranteed shadowless box in their collection. Authentication is also a problem for these (although I think you mentioned that your box has long-crimp shadowless art packs visible, which makes that aspect of authentication less of an issue).

It’s also possible to use more available (although only slightly) data such as PSA 10 Shadowless Charizard and 1st Ed Base Box (using price comparisons of 1st Ed / Shadowless cards) sales to get a rough idea of what the box may be worth, but in the end if any sale happens it’s probably just going to come down to the buyer and seller landing on a price that works for both.

Given all of the above, I’d say the $93k-100k price point sounds in the right area for someone looking to sell their box.

3 Likes

@hypernova , @tumba7 , @boblethebanned ,

Hey guys, super helpful, Thanks. The chart that boble points out showing a 10% recovery since December is right in line with bazaar’s price point of about 93-100k. Nice to connect with you again btw bazaar! And yeah mine is long crimp.

The Shadowless box is probably the most mysterious box in all of pokemon… It’s super high end/rare/valuable and has practically no sales… significantly less that 1st base, that’s for sure.

1 Like