Shadowless Base Set Booster Box No Logo Wrap

Hi I was wondering if anyone had an idea what a booster box like this would be worth if I was wanting to buy one or get a value on it, it’s the green wing, clear shrink wrap and the tab has not been broken on the top

I wouldn’t get hung up on the tabs. A legit clear wrap green wing shadowless box is probably $20-30k at this point…,

Hard to put an exact price point on this particular item.

%100 confirmed packs are going anywhere between $250-$350. Making a box metaphorically speaking $10,500-$13,000, but we all know there’s a premium on sealed boxes since weighing can’t be involved.

Only two things I can say about this box is that one sold on Dacardworld late last year for $7000 same day, and that Pokemon_Revolution on a EBay has a box on there for $30,000 or best offer, and it still hasn’t sold yet.

So, mine was up at 30k obo for a month and I didn’t get any real serious offers on it, the highest offer I got was 10k and I wasn’t comfortable going that low. Maybe if one shows up at auction we can find out what people are willing to pay, but I don’t think there are enough out there for us to find a real “price”. So it’s kinda up to you and whoever you’re buying from.

1 Like

What price would you of been comfortable in accepting it at?

I think the lowest I would have been willing to accept is around 20k.

2 Likes

It doesn’t seem like a very good time to be selling that kind of item, but I’m honestly surprised you didn’t get a single serious offer. $20,000 seems like a very fair price tbh. That’s probably what I would want out of it as well.

Be patient and you will get your $20k+ I’m sure. :blush:

What’s the highest actual sale of a box?

This is probably an unpopular opinion, especially for people who bought at top dollar for shadowless, but there isn’t as strong of a demand compared to 1st ed base. I’m actually not surprised by the lack of high end offers.

It’s a very risky box to open. I’m having a hard time unloading PSA 9 shadowless holos for over $100 and that’s probably most of what you’ll get out of a box.

It’s a very expensive gamble, far more so than 1st Edition Base.

It’s also a tougher set to sell due to the dubious nature of the cards inside. Even if you verify the packs under the tab, there’s always that extra doubt that doesn’t exist with 1st Edition Base.

The set really hasn’t matured yet. I’d expect an actual sale price of around $10k with current market conditions which, frankly, aren’t favorable.

2 Likes

Which holos are you looking to sell? I’d probably buy them. Let me know.

You guys have some good points. Another problem is that the bulk is pretty much worthless. With 1st Ed, even a bad pack can be worth $1000+ of non holos alone if you score a few 10s.

I know it’s a niche set and I’m not one of the crazy people that think Shadowless will ever catch up to 1st Ed Base, but if a box is worth $55k I think $10k for Shadowless is stupid low. As you said, current market conditions are far from ideal. I’d just hold onto the box tbh… It’s worth $20-25k IMO.

What’s the actual highest you’ve seen a box sell for?

3 Likes

Last known sale I think was $7k, but that was before record breaking prices on most of the cards. Charizard PSA 10 was like $5000 back then, iirc? Maybe you guys are right though… We sometimes like to overestimate certain items, but it’s really only worth how much someone is willing to pay for it which right now seems to be $10k.